• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Upgrade from Sabaj A20D 2022

abhi8569

Hello,

For the past eight months, I've been using the Sabaj A20D 2022 with great success in combination with my Adam Audio T5v speakers (using a balanced XLR connection) and my Sennheiser HD650 headphones (plugged into the front 4.4mm jack). Unfortunately, the USB port has recently stopped working, and I had to return the unit. Now, I'm in the market for a replacement that meets my main requirements: a front headphone jack and an XLR connection for my speakers.

My budget for the new DAC is up to €700. While I'm really interested in the Fiio R7 due to its input and output options, I'm hesitant about getting another Android device, as I had a negative experience with the Fiio X7 MII. Can you suggest some high-quality DACs that fulfill my needs?

I'm currently considering the Sabaj A20D 2023 and the Topping DX5. I was particularly impressed with the Topping DX70pro Sabre, but the lack of a headphone jack is a deal breaker for me.

Thank you kindly for your assistance!

Dunring

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I've had the SMSL M500 a few times and it's got plenty of power on the headphone jack, and 9038pro chip, sounds great. On eBay or used on Amazon prices are really good currently.

Top Bottom