• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Sabaj A20D 2022 USB Input not working

abhi8569

Hello Everyone,

I have been using Sabaj a20D 2022 version for last 8 months without any issue. Recently when the DAC is connected to USB the sounds was really jittery and breaking up frequently. Now the DAC stopped playing anything at all. Although the sampling rate on the DAC is updating when I am playing audio files with different sampling rate, but no output at all. This is my setup:
Laptop(windows 11/10) --[USB C 3.2 gen 2]--> Display with inbuilt HUB -- [USB 3.0] --> Sabaj A20D -- [XLR] --> Adam Audio T5V
I have also tried connecting the DAC directly to the Laptop and the issue persists.

My windows is up to date and installed latest driver for the DAC (XMOS_USBAudio_v5.50.0_2022-09-08_setup.exe).

The setup works flawlessly when Input for DAC is set to Bluetooth.

Thank you very much for your help!

Trell

Major Contributor
Try using a new/different USB cable as sometimes they do get damaged.

If you’ve another computer available for testing that could help narrowing down if it’s the the DAC’s USB input that’s broken.

Do you have a warranty for the DAC as it’s only 8 months old?

OP
A

abhi8569

Try using a new/different USB cable as sometimes they do get damaged.

If you’ve another computer available for testing that could help narrowing down if it’s the the DAC’s USB input that’s broken.

Do you have a warranty for the DAC as it’s only 8 months old?
I tried new cable as well as testing with two different computer, unfortunately that didn't solve the issue.

I have sent an email to sabaj customer service but haven't received any response.

Trell

Major Contributor
I have sent an email to sabaj customer service but haven't received any response.
If they’ve not given any answer within a week just send a new email.

If you’ve not already done so include in the email what steps you’ve taken to test, and that you claim warranty.

OP
A

abhi8569

If they’ve not given any answer within a week just send a new email.

If you’ve not already done so include in the email what steps you’ve taken to test, and that you claim warranty.
I contacted Amazon (this is where I bought this DAC) and they are still providing me refund for this. I'll go for refund.

Any suggestion for alternative to Sabaj a20d? I have my eye on Fiio R7 but as it run on Android and I did not have a good experience with Fiio Android based music player, I am afraid this might be obsolete (in terms of software) in next 2 years.

Top Bottom