• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Upcoming Tom Danley Hifi speakers

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
The design with midranges around a horn has been floating around in studio monitor design since at least 1984. Some guy in Hawaii. I hoped I had invented it...but no.

Rey Audio is a noted purveyor:

That's not exactly the same. The Genelec setup is more special in that it has 5 midranges. There is another one in the middle. This makes it possible to do better pattern control. It's a bit like your 80s example, though they use angled drivers to get a similar (but far less flexible) effect.

Last edited:

Pearljam5000

Master Contributor
The design with midranges around a horn has been floating around in studio monitor design since at least 1984. Some guy in Hawaii. I hoped I had invented it...but no.

Rey Audio is a noted purveyor:

Even if they didn't invent it , they probably perfected it more than anyone else

FrantzM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Even if they didn't invent it , they probably perfected it more than anyone else
And, how do you know?
Genelec know what they're doing but so does Danley Sound... So Let's see the numbers and graphs to back you assertion.. Please?

Peace.

Pearljam5000

Master Contributor
And, how do you know?
Genelec know what they're doing but so does Danley Sound... So Let's see the numbers and graphs to back you assertion.. Please?

Peace.
I can't read the graphs anyways
What do you make of them ?
Screenshot_20230928_171452_Adobe Acrobat.jpg
Screenshot_20230928_171611_Adobe Acrobat.jpg
Screenshot_20230928_171622_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
There's no telling if Genelec and Danley were going for the exact same dispersion etc.

Top Bottom