• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

UK Mains Supply.

audio_tony

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I sense that ASR is the wrong kind of forum for the OP.

When I needed a multi way outlet for my HiFi I looked for a good quality robust outlet and found this...

German made and the sockets are good quality. This is all you need, especially in the UK where the majority of homes have a good stable supply.

BSTS8B.JPG

Audiofire

Addicted to Fun and Learning
am considering a good quality power bar like the Isol 8
"Palpable" is a trigger word that tells you the person speaking is an audiophile lunatic.. you should run away screaming :)

You have to see these trigger words to believe anyone could even write them :)
Although it doesn’t really matter whether on my reviewer bench there’s a linear power supply, reclocker, filters for loudspeakers or titanium decouplers, their efficacy does. My alarm with several in-built thresholds knows when to barely blink and tickle my senses, and when to ring loud and instantly point at what triggered it. In this context the Prometheus’ action made it all red and crazy. Calm, dreamy and emotional repertoire this PSU made more subtle and delicate. Previously audible harshness and itch heard in high-pitched female vocals were gone. Percussion swings felt more substantial and longer on decay. Voices were now outlined finer so aurally more visible and rendered on darker, grander, more enveloping and spookier space. More vigorous heavier bits of my playlist had all virtual sound sources fleshier, more sensible, precise and direct but not moved either further or closer. Images way behind the first row were now far clearer, whilst the entire space now more generously oxygenated and breathing also highlighted more tiny particles suspended in air. Major reworks done to bass made it harder, tighter and quicker on short jabs. Wobble and hollowness were goners. Dynamic contrasts expanded to provide substantially more involving, energized and livelier ride.

Besides the poetry, there is mains isolation inside decent hi-fi equipment ...

Top Bottom