• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

TV Series Suggestion Please

ta240

Major Contributor
I enjoyed this:

I've heard of the game but wasn't familiar with it at all. The first episode didn't completely grab me but after that it just gets better and better.

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
We used to truly enjoy Elementary TV series, which lasted for 7 seasons and 154 episodes (2012 -2019).
"Before the series premiered, it was met with some criticism, given it followed closely on the heels of the BBC's modern adaptation Sherlock. ...The season two premiere was partly filmed on location in London. The series was well-received by critics, who praised the performances, writing, novel approach to the source material, and fresh modern twist detailed throughout the show's New York–based adaptation down to the size of the brownstone first seen in the series premiere.
We miss such intelligent whodunits that have become quite rare!

Count Arthur

Major Contributor
We used to truly enjoy Elementary TV series, which lasted for 7 seasons and 154 episodes (2012 -2019).

We miss such intelligent whodunits that have become quite rare!
I used to like that. I don't think its up there with the very best TV, but Jonny Lee Miller is pretty good in everything I've seen him in and Lucy Liu was good as a Watson that played a much more active role in things, rather than just being a side-kick. :)

Tell

I started watching Masters of the Air, managed to get through three episodes before I just got bored. Same thing happens every episode, they fly somewhere, some people gets shot down and then the rest lands somewhere. Don't see any particular overarching story, the characters are uninteresting and when flying most of them go totally anonymous because of those masks so I have no idea who dies and who doesn't. The CGI is generally quite bad, it's 2024 so there is no reason for it to look so dated.
So my suggestion is to stay away from Masters of the Air, it tries but it's not even close to what Band of Brothers was.

Instead I'd suggest go watch Fallout. It's definitely not perfect with sometimes the same kind of stupid script as something like a Disney Star Wars series, but overall it was fine, I mean dystopian stuff is always interesting imo!

Top Bottom