• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Triangle Esprit Antal Ez Review (Tower Speaker)

beagleman

Major Contributor
I don't think anyone doubts that you perceive differences between cables. There is legitimate science to explain why you perceive those differences, but the science is also clear in that those reasons almost guaranteed have nothing to do with sound differences.

Unless you can show us DBX result showing that you can actually hear differences between cables, then the most likely explanation(Occam's Razor) is that you are simply perceiving differences, but not actually hearing them.

The human brain is very complex with all sorts of biases, which is why we need DBX.

Richard, it is well known, that the human brain is the biggest variable in most audio equations...Many seem blissfully unaware of biases and explanation and so on, therefore they believe anything they perceive is reality, and can not fathom they are wrong.

Ismapics

As B&W does: They know how to design speakers. They just made the choice to colour them on purpose.:confused:

As far as I know, Triangle stayed quite confidential outside France for the last decades... while Focal got tremendous popularity worldwide. Quite recently, their marketing decided (wisely) to send review samples to US YouTubers, along with oversea distribution. Seems like this strategy has paid off...

I agree with your assessment. My only comment is that no other "adjective" reviewer has found any of their products lacking. While the testing here shows gaps in performance.

liquidman101

I could not find any on this model. It is a French company that has become popular with youtubers in the last year for their bookshelves. So not on the radar of many sites to measure it and such.

Yes, I was factoring these in to my theoretical system for under $5000 Aus until I read. I was basing my enthusiasm on you tube reviews mostly but after reading this I will probably look elsewhere. These tests are really appreciated by newbies such as myself.

I'm new to the site - is there somewhere on the site that equipment is listed in order of performance in testing?

Thanks again for the great insights of all members especially those with the most experience.

richard12511

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Yes, I was factoring these in to my theoretical system for under $5000 Aus until I read. I was basing my enthusiasm on you tube reviews mostly but after reading this I will probably look elsewhere. These tests are really appreciated by newbies such as myself.

I'm new to the site - is there somewhere on the site that equipment is listed in order of performance in testing?

Thanks again for the great insights of all members especially those with the most experience.

That's the danger of youtube channels like that who review speakers in a purely subjective manner. I feel sorry for the people who spend money on something they end up not liking.

If you're looking for a good youtube review channel who provides objective data and who's not afraid to say when there are aspects of a speaker he doesn't like, check out Erin's Audio Corner

hardisj

Major Contributor
Reviewer
I'm going back through some of Amir's test to put his data in to a format I use just so I can better compare results. So, here's the results for this speaker.

The mean SPL on-axis is 90.58 dB (300Hz to 3kHz).
Response linearity is -3.47/+3.59 dB (80Hz to 16kHz).

Triangle Esprit Antal Ez Floorstanding Speaker (ASR) FR_Linearity.png

Triangle Esprit Antal Ez Floorstanding Speaker (ASR)_Horizontal_Spectrogram_Full.png

Triangle Esprit Antal Ez Floorstanding Speaker (ASR) Beamwidth_Horizontal.png

Triangle Esprit Antal Ez Floorstanding Speaker (ASR)_360_Horizontal_Polar.png

Triangle Esprit Antal Ez Floorstanding Speaker (ASR)_Vertical_Spectrogram_Full.png

Triangle Esprit Antal Ez Floorstanding Speaker (ASR) Beamwidth_Vertical.png

Triangle Esprit Antal Ez Floorstanding Speaker (ASR)_360_Vertical_Polar.png

liquidman101

Just a general question on the objective tests. Why don't the speaker manufacturers, especially the big brand names, do their own testing? Couldn't they then rectify any problems with speaker prior to releasing the speaker for sale? I realise that they also have to consider the cost of making the speaker and turning a profit but it seems that the testing process would not add that much to the cost of the whole process. Thanks.

liquidman101

That's the danger of youtube channels like that who review speakers in a purely subjective manner. I feel sorry for the people who spend money on something they end up not liking.

If you're looking for a good youtube review channel who provides objective data and who's not afraid to say when there are aspects of a speaker he doesn't like, check out Erin's Audio Corner

Those Focals look like the ticket - but quite expensive.

VintageFlanker

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Why don't the speaker manufacturers, especially the big brand names, do their own testing?
They do! Very few will publish data however.
Couldn't they then rectify any problems with speaker prior to releasing the speaker for sale?
No. It is sometimes incompetence, sometimes "problems" that are here on purpose, to make speakers sound this or that way.

Last edited:
OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Just a general question on the objective tests. Why don't the speaker manufacturers, especially the big brand names, do their own testing? Couldn't they then rectify any problems with speaker prior to releasing the speaker for sale?
Some may do their own testing and still release them like this. Others think it is too expensive and not worth it.

MZKM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Some may do their own testing and still release them like this. Others think it is too expensive and not worth it.

I wonder to what extent they all do measurements though. Like to do a sensitivity measurement that needs measurements (though from how far off some are from specs, if assuming honesty, they may be doing an in-room measurement).

jmillar

So speakers with coaxial drivers must all suffer from the same smallness? (Like Genelec Ones).

Not necessarily: the KEF R3 and the new generation Elac UniFi Reference have extremely wide horizontal dispersion, a BROOOAD listening window.

Last edited:

gasolin75

Addicted to Fun and Learning
For example, below are comparisons of the -6dB points for Revel speakers specs vs what the NFS says:

Speaker/ Spec. / NFS / Diff
Revel M16 / 50Hz / 45Hz / 5Hz
Revel F328Be / 26Hz / 48Hz / 22Hz
Revel M105 / 56Hz / 51Hz / 5Hz
Revel F208 / 26Hz / 43Hz / 17Hz

It doesn't tell you anything about the sound quality

I have Trangle esprit titus ez, i do have a slightly bad day with pressure in my ear(s) so i don't hear as i normally do, as if it makes a difference lol (like waking up with headache or something else you usually don't have).

To me the titus ez is very good, all reviews say it, not one, it's just okay review

The highs are super soft,non fatigue,very suble compared to Dynaudio emit m10 and B&W 607,606 S1,S2,S3

Wide soundstage, okay fast and controlled bass, no screaming mids and highs when playing loud, fairly high sensitivity, if it goes below 4 ohm, who cares, my modest priced Yamaha R-N600A play music without any problems, where dynaudio emit m10 lack something (current ?) compared to the triangle titus ez

You just don't get the most punchy bass but more natural and sonical differences, not just some rumble,hum that sounds the same no matter what music "bass" you play and very subtle,soft highs, for some mabye to much , not enough sparkle (thinking of thomas & stereo) qed silver anniversary xt is used instead of my inakustik silver excellence.

My bass is lowered a little and neutral highs and yes it would be best not to use tone controls but handy in case you need it, like studio monitors if you have to much bass or need to change the highs if you always are recording it to loud you set it to +2 db or to little -2 db and the recording,mixing should have better levels in the highs, than eq is positive, if your only option is a corner you would need to use the included foam plus, theres just a fact, a problem, my titus don't have the often included foam plugs (in case i would need it or someone else), does the bigger brother have foam plugs for the bass port ?

Is there any cable that has a good synergy with triangle speakers ? There own cables ?

If a speaker brand makes there own speaker cable, should amirm atleast give it a try to experience if it gives better synergy, the cable,speakers are made to match each other, have good synergy ?

Triangle offers speaker cable so does dali and argon (danish brand), these are the only speaker manufactories i know also offers speaker cable

Or qed cable with q acoustics ? (they say they use qed but in there more affordable line like the 3000i series, it's in disassemble videos look like the cheapest qed cable below there 42 and 79 strand cable, so only a marketing scam to get some people to buy qed speaker cable ?)

Last edited:

VintageFlanker

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The highs are super soft,non fatigue,very suble compared to Dynaudio emit m10 and B&W 607,606 S1,S2,S3
I listened to Titus EZ quite a few times, and I had Comete EZ for a couple of weeks at home. The highs are absolutely not "soft". These are really bright speakers, which by the way, is the Triangle house sound for decades.

To me the titus ez is very good, all reviews say it, not one, it's just okay review
All subjective reviews are always positive, so it's perfectly normal...

Is there any cable that has a good synergy with triangle speakers ? There own cables ?
Nope. Any cable with low enough Resistance for a certain length will give the exact same audible results.
If a speaker brand brand makes there own speaker cable, should amirm altleast give it a try to experince if it gives better synergy, the cable,speakers are made to match each other, have good synergy ?
No. First, for the reason above. Second, if only the cable from the manufacturer is supposed to have a "synergy", then it should be included with speakers. Period.
Triangle offers speaker cable so does dali and argon (danish brand), these are the only speaker manufactories i know also offers speaker cable
They clearly aren't. You really need to know that Triangle doesn't manufacture their cables at all, these are rebranded from Chinese suppliers (owned both Opera and Symphonie).

You really should stop focusing on useless tweaks like this, and be more careful about speaker positioning, RoomEQ or acoustic treatment.

Last edited:

gasolin75

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I listened to Titus EZ quite a few times, and I had Comete EZ for a couple of weeks at home. The highs are absolutely not "soft". These are really bright speakers, which by the way, is the Triangle house sound for decades.

That is one thing they arent compared to dynaudio emit m10

You really need to know that Triangle doesn't manufacture their cables at all, these are rebranded from Chinese suppliers (owned both Opera and Symphonie).

I guess they find something that is a good match for there speakers, it can sound different than some random speaker cable for the same price

Last edited:
Top Bottom