• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Triangle Comète 40th Anniversary measurements

gfdias

Hello, I have a pair of Triangle Comète 40th Anniversary that I bought used as a part of my first attempt at having a stereo setup in my living room.

Now, I've since then discovered ASR and the rabbit hole of objective speaker reviews, and unfortunately, although subjective reviews for this speaker everywhere are positive (and I really like them), the only measurements I found about them are from this website. I'd like your help to interpret them and provide your opinion on them, as well as some tips to compensate for any measured issues either by EQ or possible positioning adjustments.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-03-15 at 11.11.12.png
    Screenshot 2024-03-15 at 11.11.12.png
    96.4 KB · Views: 95
  • Screenshot 2024-03-15 at 11.11.18.png
    Screenshot 2024-03-15 at 11.11.18.png
    95.3 KB · Views: 101
  • Screenshot 2024-03-15 at 11.11.24.png
    Screenshot 2024-03-15 at 11.11.24.png
    78.3 KB · Views: 80
  • Screenshot 2024-03-15 at 11.11.31.png
    Screenshot 2024-03-15 at 11.11.31.png
    87.2 KB · Views: 77
  • Screenshot 2024-03-15 at 11.11.35.png
    Screenshot 2024-03-15 at 11.11.35.png
    59.1 KB · Views: 60
  • Screenshot 2024-03-15 at 11.11.41.png
    Screenshot 2024-03-15 at 11.11.41.png
    73.1 KB · Views: 54
  • Screenshot 2024-03-15 at 11.11.46.png
    Screenshot 2024-03-15 at 11.11.46.png
    69.8 KB · Views: 91

MacCali

Major Contributor
Hello, I have a pair of Triangle Comète 40th Anniversary that I bought used as a part of my first attempt at having a stereo setup in my living room.

Now, I've since then discovered ASR and the rabbit hole of objective speaker reviews, and unfortunately, although subjective reviews for this speaker everywhere are positive (and I really like them), the only measurements I found about them are from this website. I'd like your help to interpret them and provide your opinion on them, as well as some tips to compensate for any measured issues either by EQ or possible positioning adjustments.

Thanks in advance!
I think your best bet is to buy a mic and measure the performance of your room too. Some speakers which are well behaved are more predictable.

However your room will play a roll in the final experience. Then I am certain someone will be able to give you some legitimate feedback on possible adjustments or implementations to correct the sonics

er|κzvio1in

On this forum you can find measurements of the bigger Aantal speaker that is related to this one. Same ~700 hz bump is there. Based on the measurements in your post, it looks like these speakers can be placed relatively close to a wall to get some room gain in the bass frequencies without excessive bass. I have the smaller version of the Comete with the same tweeter and similar anechoic measured graphs, but in my room and with my placement I don't have the ~700 hz bump that's supposed to be there when I measure them. You'd need your own in room measurements to know what is happening in your room and how to optimise placement.

Bozon

I purchased a pair of those about 3 years ago. They worked great on my room and I really loved their sound. However, one of the speakers arrived with a cosmetic defect so I asked for a replacement pair. The second pair came without visible issues but Its sound quality was really bad. I measured them and they requiered a big amount of EQ to be fixed. I ended selling them a pair of weeks later as they where very dissapointing. On the purchase I also bougth their stands. The stands also came with manufacturing defects. The store didn't had a replacement available. My veredict: Triangle is a brand that has poor chinese manufacturing and no proper QC. Can't recommend it.

Elbow

I like the look and sound of my Triangle speakers (Twin AIO und AIO 3) but yes, they seem to have quality issues. My first pair of Twins was dead on arrival. Well not literally dead, but obviously defect because they sound absolutly horrible. The replacement pair sounds great though.

The AIO 3 worked well for about 8 months and then, from one day to another, the sound was dull and crackling. Sent them back to the dealer, who sent them to Triagle for repair. At least they could fix it by replacing the whole amp section. I know class D amps don't last forever, but 8 month is a very short time.

Now I can enjoy both speakers again, but there remains a bad feeling.

Top Bottom