• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Topping L30 ordered - let the wait commence

dpippel

I'm also in Arizona. Mine was supposed to ship on 8/29 (received an email from Apos last Saturday morning), but it wasn't picked up until Tuesday China time. Right now it is somewhere between HK and LA. Hopefully will get it tomorrow so I can play with it during the long weekend :)

If it's on it's way to LA already you should get it tomorrow. That's been my experience with Apos anyway, over the course of four different orders. On this L30 order, it didn't arrive at DHL in Phoenix until 8:30AM, was handed off to the driver at 10:30AM, and I had it in my hands at 11:30AM. No complaints here with either Apos or DHL.

OP
ichonderoga

ichonderoga

Forum Donor
Hey everyone, just got an e-mail from AudioPhonics that they've shipped the device to me today. I also got a notification from DHL that they expect the parcel to arrive monday at the latest tuesday. Will keep you updated :)

bluefuzz

Major Contributor
Hmm. My E30 + L30 has taken about 5 days from China to central Europe, 10 days from central Europe to northern Europe and have now been sitting in customs for a week ... Whee!

OP
ichonderoga

ichonderoga

Forum Donor
Hmm. My E30 + L30 has taken about 5 days from China to central Europe, 10 days from central Europe to northern Europe and have now been sitting in customs for a week ... Whee!
Yeah I know the feels. Sometimes shipments within my country can take longer than getting shipments from another country. Go figure :-/

OP
ichonderoga

ichonderoga

Forum Donor
No I don't think so. I mailed them but no answer. It sucks because the shipment is likely stuck in some customs hell-hole.
I got my shipment confirmation yesterday. Ordered on the 29th of june. I'm guessing first come, first serve :-|

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I got my shipment confirmation yesterday. Ordered on the 29th of june. I'm guessing first come, first serve :-|

Nope, ordered a couple of weeks ago, shipped last week, delivery scheduled monday coming from Royal mail depot in my town (had to pay customs fee to get delivery, else would have arrived yesterday)

GDK

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I ordered mine this past Wednesday. I just checked the shipping and it’s apparently in NYC already and it is expected to delvered be here in Canada on Wednesday. That would be a great turnaround if it turns out to be the case (touching wood furiously).

facboy

Nope, ordered a couple of weeks ago, shipped last week, delivery scheduled monday coming from Royal mail depot in my town (had to pay customs fee to get delivery, else would have arrived yesterday)

from audiophonics?

GDK

Forum Donor
I hope that people have started to receive their units by now. I ordered mine on Wednesday and it was delivered today, which was two days early (and on a national holiday - God bless delivery people!).

OP
ichonderoga

ichonderoga

Forum Donor
I hope that people have started to receive their units by now. I ordered mine on Wednesday and it was delivered today, which was two days early (and on a national holiday - God bless delivery people!).
Congrats m8. First impressions? I'm still waiting for mine. Acc. to DHL it's still in transit in France :'-(

GDK

Forum Donor
Congrats m8. First impressions? I'm still waiting for mine. Acc. to DHL it's still in transit in France :'-(

It sounded pretty good. I also got the D30 at the same time, but didn't get a lot of opportunity to try it as it took a while to integrate the DAC into Roon. However, i was subjectively very impressed with what I heard.

facboy

mine arrived today from audiophonics. i moved the E30 to be next to my powered desktop speakers so that the RCA cables could be shorter, but now the USB cable has to cover 1m. maybe i should get a low-noise USB cable.

j/k! :p it's actually so i can access the volume on the L30 more easily (will use it for main volume control), and not have the kids mess with it. probably have tin ears but it seems a definite improvement over my makeshift driving headphones directly off the E30, as you'd expect.

Reactions: GDK
OP
ichonderoga

ichonderoga

Forum Donor
mine arrived today from audiophonics. i moved the E30 to be next to my powered desktop speakers so that the RCA cables could be shorter, but now the USB cable has to cover 1m. maybe i should get a low-noise USB cable.

j/k! :p it's actually so i can access the volume on the L30 more easily (will use it for main volume control), and not have the kids mess with it. probably have tin ears but it seems a definite improvement over my makeshift driving headphones directly off the E30, as you'd expect.
Lucky you! Mine has gotten a bit further (Germany) so here's hoping it'll arrive this week. The setup you describe sounds exactly like my "future" setup - I'm really looking forward to physical volume control :)

Crhino

Just received a set of E30 and L30 from Audiophonics after ordering the end of last week.

I also ordered the Topping TCR1-25 set of cables, as I assumed these would be perfect for the stack. They are not. In fact, it seems impossible to stack the E30 and L30 with these cables because they are too stiff, which makes the top unit "float" 2-3 cm above the bottom unit in the back. It works if the units are side by side, but I wanted to stack them.

Can anyone recommend a set of RCA cables for stacking the E30 and L30?

OP
ichonderoga

ichonderoga

Forum Donor
Hi guys, finally my L30 arrived. I've made a AMA here to anyone interested.
box.jpg

Reactions: GDK

facboy

Just received a set of E30 and L30 from Audiophonics after ordering the end of last week.

I also ordered the Topping TCR1-25 set of cables, as I assumed these would be perfect for the stack. They are not. In fact, it seems impossible to stack the E30 and L30 with these cables because they are too stiff, which makes the top unit "float" 2-3 cm above the bottom unit in the back. It works if the units are side by side, but I wanted to stack them.

Can anyone recommend a set of RCA cables for stacking the E30 and L30?

i bought these, with the sale it was about the same price as the Topping cable, seems i was lucky!

https://www.designacable.com/mogami...coax-cable-angled-or-straight-connectors.html

Top Bottom