• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

TOPPING DX9!

OP

192kbps

Addicted to Fun and Learning
They should have made it double height (maybe a nicer chassis?), added some more inputs/outputs and added DSP. Maybe even ADC. That would be a nice product to buy.
TOPPING has always struggled with software.

tifune

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Great. I was wondering when would be the next Topping release when I didn't see anything new coming for a couple of hours... :rolleyes:
I asked about this once, and I got some words in response. It's been a few years now, interesting to compare my Q at the time to the "answer" I received and the way things have played out. But if they're making $, it's easy to see why they'd keep re-releasing the old hits

https://audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/the-new-king.21444/post-817148

OP

192kbps

Addicted to Fun and Learning
-7ccfa78c385e2e12.jpg

morillon

Major Contributor
I am always a little surprised by the insistent hope of having a dac, doing dac, doing preamp, doing peq, with a nice screen, lots of inputs-outputs, seeing coffee and seeing some treats!...while finding the current Chinese products at bargain prices far too expensive ... but I forgot also reliable more than 5-10 years of course ...
and of course less than 150 dollars ... say 200 max ... out of kindness for the Chinese workers
(250 if beautiful aluminum case...?)
hihi
;-)

morillon

Major Contributor
ps
but we can indeed also laugh at the monthly waltz of new products of this type without necessarily any obvious added value.....
it's almost comical...
;-)

Sensation

13.JPG

This part in the picture is a variable resistor.

Resistance value can be adjusted.

However, the big problem with this part is the vibration during transportation, which causes the resistance value to change even if it moves a little, so the left and right balance is different.

The reason most brand companies do not use these parts is that the resistance values of the left and right balance are different.

This is a part that should never be used.

There will be a lot of issues with this part because the left and right sounds are distorted.

Replace with a fixed bias resistor with an accurate resistance value!

audiofun

View attachment 288458

This part in the picture is a variable resistor.

Resistance value can be adjusted.

However, the big problem with this part is the vibration during transportation, which causes the resistance value to change even if it moves a little, so the left and right balance is different.

The reason most brand companies do not use these parts is that the resistance values of the left and right balance are different.

This is a part that should never be used.

There will be a lot of issues with this part because the left and right sounds are distorted.

Replace with a fixed bias resistor with an accurate resistance value!
they can't. discrete circuit like this may have high dc bias and every unit is different. So they have to adjust it before shipping. Singxer SA-1 also has it.
Some DAC's (such as SMSL's) also has DC offset that needs to be adjusted by those resistors. It's not new in the industry.

Top Bottom