• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Topping DX7 Pro DAC and Headphone Amp Reviewed

ReaderZ

Addicted to Fun and Learning
After using the DX7 Pro pretty extensively in my office, I may have to re-think the main listening setup. I sure would like to see a DX9 Pro - . The A90/D90 separates combo is fantastic - just think that a DX9 Pro with elements of each could be a great seller for $949 (or thereabouts) list.
Maybe it will be made one day but it's not a priority. Plus, would be hard to stuff the real estate of those two boxes into one.

I think they will need a new enclosure for it. But would be nice to see it happen as topping's current flagship combo unit DX7 pro, which I have is more of a top of the line DAC with a good but not great amp.

meinhard57

I think they will need a new enclosure for it. But would be nice to see it happen as topping's current flagship combo unit DX7 pro, which I have is more of a top of the line DAC with a good but not great amp.

I agree, but the headphone amp actually sounds better to me than my previous Schiit Asgard 2 - so - it is really a win-win for me. I planned to use it in my main system, but I am really enjoying using it in the office. I may have to just buy another one!

Tobbi

As I thought, this was a swindle. Not a big deal though. I'll then probably go for a pair of HD650s or a DT1990 Pro
It will help you in choosing
When contemplating buying a HD650 or HD660S the ‘best’ bet may be to pay a bit more and get the HD660S. It is a slightly ‘better’ headphone in certain aspects but slightly ‘less’ in other aspects.
For this reason I recommend to compare them and have a listen yourself first though, certainly when the price difference is still substantial.
Is it worth upgrading from the HD650 ?
When you like the tonal balance of the HD650 and are wanting a bit less ‘polite’ version of it. A little bit more ‘dynamic’ and ‘lively’ version of the HD650.
A little bit less ‘romantic’ presentation perhaps then it might be worth ‘upgrading’. https://diyaudioheaven.wordpress.com/headphones/measurements/brands-s-se/hd660s/

Can someone give some advice on setting up filters for DSD_FIR?
dsd_FIR_dx7pro.jpg
Works well with PCM_FIR MODE 5
ASIOProxyInstall-0.8.3 & foo_input_sacd-0.8.4 https://sourceforge.net/projects/sacddecoder/files/foo_input_sacd/foo_input_sacd-0.8.4.zip/download
6-dsd512.jpg

[DSD][OF] Ikumi Ogasawara - Tears Of Joy - 2019 (New Age) dsd 512
https://www.nativedsd.com/homepage/dsd512_music

Shtruckk

Hello to everyone,

I just received my dac dx7 pro, and i want to ask you, if it's worth it to replace the stock op-amp LME 47920 of headphone amp with betters one like, for example, Sparkos Labs SS3601. Thank you in adavance for you answers.

Dealaddict

Please HELP!!!
I just received my DX7 pro from China bought through eBay, and the Bluetooth just drop out intermittently. When it is first connected or when I start playing music, it display 44.1kHz. Then after a while, the music drops and it displays —— kHz. The music on my iPhone XR keeps playing. After a while, it may get reconnect and have music, but then it drops again. I updated my iOS to latest (13.5.1) and still the same. I tried my iPad, and Windows laptop, all the same. I tried all the settings I can changed and no luck. Does anyone have the same issue?
Thanks.

Dealaddict

The support asked me to check the antenna, and I said it looks undamaged. Then he ask me to contact the shop to get it repair as after sale service. o_O

ReaderZ

Thank you very much. Sometimes it disconnect faster, sometimes takes longer. But for all my tests, it got drop out within 5 songs.

My phone only let me pick LDAC, and I picked highest quality, on 5th song now, been 96khz steady, put my phone in next room and works fine too. So I guess you do need to contact sales for return or exchange.

ReaderZ

Hello to everyone,

I just received my dac dx7 pro, and i want to ask you, if it's worth it to replace the stock op-amp LME 47920 of headphone amp with betters one like, for example, Sparkos Labs SS3601. Thank you in adavance for you answers.

Likely not. But you can always try and let us know!!:D

Dealaddict

My phone only let me pick LDAC, and I picked highest quality, on 5th song now, been 96khz steady, put my phone in next room and works fine too. So I guess you do need to contact sales for return or exchange.

Thank you for the test.

BTW, how do you pair? In other Bluetooth speaker or headphones, I need to get into pairing mode first. But for DX7 pro, it seems it is right there for my phone to discover. Is it correct?

ReaderZ

Thank you for the test.

BTW, how do you pair? In other Bluetooth speaker or headphones, I need to get into pairing mode first. But for DX7 pro, it seems it is right there for my phone to discover. Is it correct?

Yes, DX7 pro is just there always visible.

Dealaddict

I think I found the problem! It is the antenna! I unplug the antenna and plug in a old TV coaxial cable, and no more drop out. This is crazy. The support is actually right, maybe it is a common problem. But there is no visible damage on the antenna. The pin or wire inside is thin and short, I guess there is a poor contact.

ReaderZ

I think I found the problem! It is the antenna! I unplug the antenna and plug in a old TV coaxial cable, and no more drop out. This is crazy. The support is actually right, maybe it is a common problem. But there is no visible damage on the antenna. The pin or wire inside is thin and short, I guess there is a poor contact.

NICE!

Dealaddict

Damn, no, it doesn’t work. It just got dropped out. But definitely a lot longer without drop out. Gosh, I give up.

Dealaddict

Definitely it is related to the reception. I did one last test. I don’t have any antenna and coaxial cable, place the phone directly behind the unit, it played the whole CD without drop out. I think a coaxial cable is not a good antenna because it is shielded. I cannot understand. Most Bluetooth device nowadays do not have antennas, and they can still receive signal. The dx90 doesn’t have antenna. How come the antenna is so critical for this dx7 pro?

Top Bottom