• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Topping D30Pro Review (Balanced DAC)

robpap

Hello Toku,

maybe I have been lucky, but I had the D30pro running in the last three days, 3-4 hours per day, without any glitch.
Today, after 3 hours running with different sample rates, I tried to play DSD256 and DXD, no glitches (I don't have PCM384KHz).
This is my ASIO driver setting for DXD, where in the format tab I have "2 channels, 32 bits":
asio.jpg

Cheers
-R

Last edited:

Svperstar

theres no point on having xlr connections if you have amp+ dac one in top on another .Only 6db of gain thats all. Youre not gonna hear magic sounds only because is xlr and not rca.

For sure. I have had people say they can't believe I am running an Arya off a $99 D30. I don't get why. I don't see how dumping more money into my system would magically make it sound better.

mkawa

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor

yah, this is a big deal. my m400 will sometimes cut in an out on my b550 board. i've been waiting for the f13g gigabyte bios to come out of beta because of a weird PCI 3/4 issue i have that makes updating bioses a pita, but AGESA 1.2 is a huge update over 1.0

Oddeeo

yah, this is a big deal. my m400 will sometimes cut in an out on my b550 board. i've been waiting for the f13g gigabyte bios to come out of beta because of a weird PCI 3/4 issue i have that makes updating bioses a pita, but AGESA 1.2 is a huge update over 1.0
I’m on the new agesa with my 5900x and still had a glitch, but I’m unsure if it was the fault of amd/my pc or the d30 pro. It was a distortion glitch not cutting out like you said.

mkawa

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I updated to agesa 1.2 last night but haven’t hooked mt dad into it yet. I had a bad usb cable that was causing distortion on my MacBook a while ago. Maybe try switching the cable out?

alekksander

can I know which is better? SU9 or TOPPING D30PRO?
everything is in the reviews plain and simple. SU–9 is slightly better in terms of performance and features, but also a bit more expensive. if You need MQA and BT get smsl (but to be honest i don't know if You gonna be happy not looking at that d30pro front plate everyday)

by the way su-9 has impedance measured on both outputs while with topping we left with guesses. i wish someone measures it one day.

Last edited:

Sray

Guys,

To test 384k, you don’t need to find a sample file, sample rate converter will do it for you.
Simply set output rate to 384k/24bit, all output audio stream will be upsampled to 384k/24bit.
This should apply to both MacOS and Windows.

Sray

V6xc

everything is in the reviews plain and simple. SU–9 is slightly better in terms of performance and features, but also a bit more expensive. if You need MQA and BT get smsl (but to be honest i don't know if You gonna be happy not looking at that d30pro front plate everyday)

by the way su-9 has impedance measured on both outputs while with topping we left with guesses. i wish someone measures it one day.

Thank you for your opinion

chocomamey

Does anyone has compared D30 pro to SMSL SU-9 in terms of sound ? (not features)

Toku

Major Contributor
Earlier I reported an issue with D30 Pro causing noise when playing PCM 384kHz. I reported it to Topping and then recorded the symptoms in several videos and sent them to Topping. As a result, my D30 Pro was returned and the purchase price was also refunded.

If you are interested in this noise, please watch the video uploaded in the user review of Amazon.jp.
https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/custome...ef=cm_cr_dp_d_rvw_ttl?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B08ZCQZGGL

Last edited:

Veri

Master Contributor
Earlier I reported an issue with D30 Pro causing noise when playing PCM 384kHz. I reported it to Topping and then recorded the symptoms in several videos and sent them to Topping. As a result, my D30 Pro was returned.
If you are interested in this noise, please watch the video uploaded in the user review of Amazon.jp.
That's too bad, thanks for reporting Toku. I personally won't use such maximum rates, but I suppose some people would.

robpap

Earlier I reported an issue with D30 Pro causing noise when playing PCM 384kHz. I reported it to Topping and then recorded the symptoms in several videos and sent them to Topping. As a result, my D30 Pro was returned.

https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/custome...ef=cm_cr_dp_d_rvw_ttl?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B08ZCQZGGL

Toku san can you please share the PCM 384kHz file? I cannot reconstruct your issue with my D30pro.

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor
Does anyone has compared D30 pro to SMSL SU-9 in terms of sound ? (not features)

I'd bet a lot that if someone reports differences, that they didn't do a valid, controlled comparison.

These are both clean, transparent DAC's. They will both sound just like the music.

khark

Just throwing this suggestion out there, may be a buffering settings issue on the player.

Toku

Major Contributor
That's too bad, thanks for reporting Toku. I personally won't use such maximum rates, but I suppose some people would.
I am always grateful for your precise comments.
I'm an audio equipment fan, not an audio fan.
Although amirm provides valuable static measurement data, it has not been verified that the device actually works properly. I like to check for myself if those audio devices work properly according to the specifications in the catalog. Sometimes we feed back those results to improve the manufacturer's products. I used to work as a design engineer. At that time, I was greatly helped by the various information that was fed back.
Sure, PCM 384kHz is rarely used in practice, but it can't be tolerated that it doesn't work properly.

Top Bottom