• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Topping D30Pro Review (Balanced DAC)

chocomamey

I bought it from Apos audio took a week to arrive. I use it in preamp mode with thx 789 balanced and it sounds great no issues so far. I updated the firmware over usb too. All of the inputs sound great

I was looking for smsl su9 just because the added UAT Bt codec ..but just found an app called foobar pro that controls your pc files of foobar by cellphone...so no more BT lossy reproductions and without needing BT ANTHENA ! Dont need to damage your eyes being glued to pc screen..just right there like a streamer from your couch without losing 1 bit of quality sound, very pretty with their album art cover on screen etc etc ..there you have it.

Cc-Mode

Forum Donor
I bought it from Apos audio took a week to arrive. I use it in preamp mode with thx 789 balanced and it sounds great no issues so far. I updated the firmware over usb too. All of the inputs sound great
Mine was shipped directly and arrived after 2 weeks.
Can you give more details about the update?

Slayer

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Yeah I’m not sure what was wrong before or what the update fixed, but it’s the second link to the top here.

https://www.tpdz.net/download
I could be wrong here, but I believe the update was adding two more filters. Due to the feedback from Amir's review, by some of the members here, regarding filter attenuation. Maybe JohnYang1997 will chime in with more details in that regards.

chocomamey

I was using the D30pro with RCA outs until my xlr cables showed up. I did notice a difference in, well, loudness immediately when connecting to XLR buts its higher voltage so that makes sense. That said is it possible the XLR out would have more dynamic range than RCA at very low listening volume? Also, plugging those XLR’s in made me feel like I’m taking charge of my life and i’m finally going to make something of my self.

dont buy only for bragging rights.XLR are best suited for long distance device connections..I you put them E.G. dac right on the amplifier it doesnt make much difference but a little more Db .You wont notice audible distortions just because using Rca. I would invest more in the speakers and /or headphones.

Svperstar

Also, plugging those XLR’s in made me feel like I’m taking charge of my life and i’m finally going to make something of my self.

haha so I guess there IS a point to balanced besides ground loops and higher power on some amps.

alekksander

Anyone who's having d30pro by now (looking at You @Cc-Mode @Earlxtr @hotdogsandwich and @Oddeeo :) ) can check by ear if there are any audible harmonics when generating tones from 16–20kHz going hertz by hertz? by looking at the multitone test there should be none, but who knows… With Soncoz la-qxd1 I'm unable to perform a hearing test, because over 16kHz harmonics are getting too loud (≈–110dB). Especially noticeable around 18kHz tone. Performed on MDR–V6 headphones and 8030C monitors with same results. For a change D30pro shows some irregularities on the lower tones, but no harmonics and probably that clean >–115dB is enough not to spot anything by ear. I hope…

by the way WolfX-700 tested that soncoz unit too and it shows quite different result comparing to what amirm got. if i recall they both had pre-manufacture units, which might have caused differences. i leave judging to other users. with d30pro difference in measurement is not that obvious. anyhow that soncoz unit proofs that harmonics could be real issue.

Attachments

• wolf.jpg
    wolf.jpg
    194.4 KB · Views: 178
  • amirm.png
    amirm.png
    28 KB · Views: 174

hotdogsandwich

Forum Donor
Anyone who's having d30pro by now (looking at You @Cc-Mode @Earlxtr @hotdogsandwich and @Oddeeo :) ) can check by ear if there are any audible harmonics when generating tones from 16–20kHz going hertz by hertz? by looking at the multitone test there should be none, but who knows… With Soncoz la-qxd1 I'm unable to perform a hearing test, because over 16kHz harmonics are getting too loud (≈–110dB). Especially noticeable around 18kHz tone. Performed on MDR–V6 headphones and 8030C monitors with same results. For a change D30pro shows some irregularities on the lower tones, but no harmonics and probably that clean >–115dB is enough not to spot anything by ear. I hope…

by the way WolfX-700 tested that soncoz unit too and it shows quite different result comparing to what amirm got. if i recall they both had pre-manufacture units, which might have caused differences. i leave judging to other users. with d30pro difference in measurement is not that obvious. anyhow that soncoz unit proofs that harmonics could be real issue.

I’m reluctant to bring this up, but I’ve got a transient burst of static (three seconds) that occurs at random intervals about once or twice an hour. I‘m going to pull the D30 and connect the D10 back to see if it goes away. I’ve only noticed it with the D30 pro, but it may have existed before.

Slayer

Well, just got one for 285 dollars thanks to Ali anniversary.
Well why don't you post a link to help out other members here. I looked everywhere on Aliexpress and don't see the deal anywhere.

Slayer

I’m reluctant to bring this up, but I’ve got a transient burst of static (three seconds) that occurs at random intervals about once or twice an hour. I‘m going to pull the D30 and connect the D10 back to see if it goes away. I’ve only noticed it with the D30 pro, but it may have existed before.
Do you think the firmware update may have caused this? Or did you not update the unit?

hotdogsandwich

Forum Donor
Well I hope you figure out the cause of the issue. It's gives me pause on possibly purchasing the unit.
Yes, that’s why I was reluctant to mention it, I haven’t isolated the cause, but if someone else is experiencing the same then there might be something going on with the unit. I have no complaints about mine thus far it has the features I need.

blodsbror

I'm looking at purchasing the D30 Pro, and just had a question about functionality. I will be running optical out from the TV into the DAC, which will be in pre-amp mode. Is there any possibility for auto input switching ? Let's say, the USB input was active, but then inactive for a few minutes. And then I send audio to optical input (from the TV). Will it change inputs automatically ?

alekksander

I'm looking at purchasing the D30 Pro, and just had a question about functionality. I will be running optical out from the TV into the DAC, which will be in pre-amp mode. Is there any possibility for auto input switching ? Let's say, the USB input was active, but then inactive for a few minutes. And then I send audio to optical input (from the TV). Will it change inputs automatically ?
only on the press of the button („line out”)

Human Bass

Well why don't you post a link to help out other members here. I looked everywhere on Aliexpress and don't see the deal anywhere.

Look for "3 dollar back of every 30" in red letters

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210329-153508_AliExpress.jpg
    Screenshot_20210329-153508_AliExpress.jpg
    202.6 KB · Views: 243

dpippel

Look for "3 dollar back of every 30" in red letters

I couldn't find the deal either. Like Slayer said - why don't you just post the actual link instead of making everyone dig through all of the sellers on Aliexpress?

Top Bottom