• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Topping D30Pro Review (Balanced DAC)

Jimster480

Major Contributor
Just got another A30Pro/D30Pro stack together today. Forgot how nice it is to have a DAC with no MQA or bluetooth antenna I never use. I think they really got it right with the D30Pro, 3 prong grounded power cord that's easy to replace. Been using an A90/E50 stack and the A90 does sound nicer, but if you can't find a D30Pro, the E50 with a Samsung ETA0U60JBE charger does just as well. Just have to relocate the serial number sticker to the bottom and clear tape over it.
I've never considered it to be "nice" to not have features on products like this even though I don't use them... That is quite a weird metric... But to each their own.

aka_Z

I guess, it has a better sound without MQA (even if it's off) and BT antenna. Especially antenna, it can affect audio waves a lot! :D

Lupin

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Just got another A30Pro/D30Pro stack together today. Forgot how nice it is to have a DAC with no MQA or bluetooth antenna I never use. I think they really got it right with the D30Pro, 3 prong grounded power cord that's easy to replace. Been using an A90/E50 stack and the A90 does sound nicer, but if you can't find a D30Pro, the E50 with a Samsung ETA0U60JBE charger does just as well. Just have to relocate the serial number sticker to the bottom and clear tape over it.
Topping had every intention to release the D30 Pro with bluetooth. You can see this on the display where there is a bluetooth indicator cutout right next to the USB indicator, also the contactpoints for the bluetooth module are there on the PCB. But then covid happend with the well-known shortages and Topping decided to push out the D30 Pro anyway but without bluetooth.

domiji

Hello ASR-Community,

i love my D30 Pro but i am a bit confused about the "filter" discussion. Which filter is recommend for the best "theoretical performance"?

Thank you all for your help and have a great day
Dominik

Human Bass

Whatever filter cuts stuff ultrasonic the hardest, in this case F2
Hello ASR-Community,

i love my D30 Pro but i am a bit confused about the "filter" discussion. Which filter is recommend for the best "theoretical performance"?

Dominik

Gremlins

Hello ASR-Community,

Dominik
Why bother, impossible to hear difference
And why ask others about a select you can do on your own in your living room

Your choice is the best you can do

Lupin

Played with the filter settings when I just got it out of the box. Couldn't hear any difference whatsoever with any setting so put it back to default F2 and never looked at it again.
Actually I have not touched the DAC in forever since the DAC automatically turns on and off :)

razamanaz

The driver 5,62 does not allow installing ASIO for foobar
"Could not load component "foo_input_sacd.fb2k-component": This component was built for a different processor architecture."

staticV3

Master Contributor
The driver 5,62 does not allow installing ASIO for foobar
"Could not load component "foo_input_sacd.fb2k-component": This component was built for a different processor architecture."
Not a driver issue.
You're trying to install a 32bit plug-in onto a 64bit version of foobar.

Ahmonge

Forum Donor
Top Bottom