• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Topping A70 Pro HP & Preamp Review

Rate this preamplifier and headphone amp:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 14 4.2%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 7 2.1%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 37 11.0%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 277 82.7%

• Total voters

Sjofelumsk

Is it the new or old batch that have issues? I just got the combo from shenzenaudio but I'm only powering meze 109s currently but the thought of spending so much on a possible future lemon is worrying.
Nobody knows, as far as I'm concerned it might be both. There's no official word from Topping to their customers addressing this issue, or explaining whether it has been sorted with future batches. No input on what batches might be affected, or if future or current batches also might fail. It's a mess.

Clem Fandango

I don’t think there’s been anything official yet announced regarding the problem, I am currently dealing with ShenZhen in China over a return, and to say the least Customer-Service is dreadful, I could write an essay on it

Vantavimeow

Sokel

Master Contributor
... How expensive is it outside of EU ? Just wondering cause I didnt pay an excess at all
@Vantavimeow
Here,tax included:

shez.PNGAudio.PNG

About 60 euros,perfect for peace of mind.

Sjofelumsk

Asking people in this thread that bought the A70 and D70 Pro as a stack - did you mix colours or match both units? Which colour do you prefer?

And another one; would you gain any benefit from pairing these with some type of USB bridge?

Tony Roma

Is it the new or old batch that have issues? I just got the combo from shenzenaudio but I'm only powering meze 109s currently but the thought of spending so much on a possible future lemon is worrying.
I do hope you dont have any problems because dealing with this company is farcical

Vantavimeow

@Vantavimeow
Here,tax included:

View attachment 309729View attachment 309730

About 60 euros,perfect for peace of mind.
I paid £830 (shenzenaudio) + £47 (fedex import?)

So £877 for A70 Pro + D70 Pro + TCX1 interconnects to the door

It's £1200 on amazon/ebay with the interconnects being unclear as an inclusion :u

UK import isn't fun :/

FWIW I used to need a galvanic isolator (HS02) for my D50S but it's fine without it on my D70 Pro, I'm connecting to a gaming rig and my GPU used to squeal in my headphones in some games

Clem Fandango

I paid £830 (shenzenaudio) + £47 (fedex import?)

So £877 for A70 Pro + D70 Pro + TCX1 interconnects to the door

It's £1200 on amazon/ebay with the interconnects being unclear as an inclusion :u

UK import isn't fun :/

FWIW I used to need a galvanic isolator (HS02) for my D50S but it's fine without it on my D70 Pro, I'm connecting to a gaming rig and my GPU used to squeal in my headphones in some games
You got away lightly with the FedEx charges, it was approximately 23% for Ireland (including their fee) brought it to €105EU
for $449USD Topping A70PRO….

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
You got away lightly with the FedEx charges, it was approximately 23% for Ireland (including their fee) brought it to €105EU
for $449USD Topping A70PRO….
Your fedex charge likely included VAT- doesnt sound like @Vantavimeow got stuck with that, just the handling fees/ delivery.

Vantavimeow

I was banking on shenzenaudio "secretly" under-declaring to give people a reason to actually buy from them instead of local distributors. I have no idea what they told customs but it worked this time

Vantavimeow

So... we either all run Meze 109 pros forever or actively "try" to blow our A70 Pros by using it for it's intended use case to try and get a recall that will probably never happen. Meanwhile a good portion of us ordered from Shenzenaudio as they had a sale on recently so we're shafted for aftersales support as consumer rights are about as good as their human rights. Why do I do this to myself ffs

Clem Fandango

Do we have news about the problem from Topping? Thanks
I sent mine back for a replacement, but as there was no answers regarding the spate of reports on the issues, I decided it was safer to get a refund.
I’ve worked in a business capacity before in Hong Kong & China, so I know when you don’t get a written reply on a topic, it’s usually because there is no good news.
I asked simply and politely on 3 different occasions, all totally ignored.
So hopefully the situation is resolved soon, as it was first reported about in late June.
Nice little units, was so disappointed to see it go so soon.

Top Bottom