• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Tom Christiansen Audio HPA-1 Headphone Amp Review

tomchr

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Audio Company
Forum Donor
Yeah. We wandered far and wide in those interviews. Good times were had. :)

@jaibautista I'm glad you enjoy the HPA-1. Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

Tom

groovybassist

Forum Donor
@jaibautista Tom's HPA-1 was my intro to his work as well. It's a phenomenal headphone amp. Sad thing is I'm not using mine very much these days. I think I've only turned it on once in the past month. Why you might ask? After getting the HPA-1, I decided to have Tom build me a Neurochrome Modulus-286 speaker amp. Virtually all of my listening time these days is spent with the Mod-286, which is another fabulous example of Tom's design chops. First world problems, I know...

tomchr

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Audio Company
Forum Donor

SeriousSam70

HPA-1 seems a very good product (very competent design, great quality components and craftsmanship, stellar performance etc.).
Too bad I'm constrained to use a DAC + Pre-Amp + HP Amp combo (partially constrained by the limited space on my desk, partially constrained by my financial status).

Top Bottom