• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

The Mandalorian - Season 3

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
OP
JSmith

JSmith

Master Contributor
So what does it excel in?
Apart from just enjoying it in general, I like how they've brought other characters/cameos in from SW into the mix.

Sure, it's been a bit different compared to S1 in particular, but I'm still liking what I'm watching. :)

JSmith

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Apart from just enjoying it in general, I like how they've brought other characters/cameos in from SW into the mix.

Sure, it's been a bit different compared to S1 in particular, but I'm still liking what I'm watching. :)
Like and enjoy != excellent

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Actually being fun to watch, that's called entertainment.
Season 1 was really fun, season 2 and 3 much less so.

The last episode was admittedly better. As I said before, I haven’t totally given up on it yet. But calling it excellent? No, sorry, it’s just not imho.

Besides, I can in occasion enjoy watching a really bad movie or series. Something can entertaining and fun, and bad at the same time.

Last edited:

symphara

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Oh, they will have to! Massive layoffs are coming. A multitude of projects is canceled or diminished and more heads will be rolling. Their bleeding billions and it must be stopped. Disney+ is 12 billion $ in the red at this moment o_O.
I don’t know about the 12 billion. They reported a 1.5bn loss on the subscription services (incl. ESPN and Hulu) and 4bn loss on the whole direct-to-consumer business. They said they expect Disney+ to become profitable by 2024, although I doubt it, they just don’t have anywhere near enough good shows.

According to the “Critical Drinker” that Mandalorian Season 3 has worse audience numbers than Andor. That’s what you get for downgrading a show to “content”. I understand that some people like it, but there’s little reason to get excited over it.

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Besides, I can in occasion enjoy watching a really bad movie or series. Something can entertaining and fun, and bad at the same time.
Like the recent Cocaine Bear movie. It was so bad it was quite a bit of fun to watch. Inspired by true events even. Was more fun than all of the Mandalorian so far in season 3. Also made a bit over 2.5 times its total budget. Which the budget was around one fourth of the season budget for the Mandalorian in each of its 1st two season. Season three is supposedly getting twice the amount spent on it. Or 8 times the budget for one very entertainingly bad movie.

FrantzM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Hi

The show is bad, the “Acting” ( can you “act” with your face in a helmet? )Voice acting perhaps, is flat… Even then, they all have a hard time uttering, the lame “This the way”. I like SciFi so I watch it… but don’t like this season so far.. I hope they renew Andor, this one I liked a lot..

Peace.

GXAlan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Andor S1 vs. Mandalorian S3?

Why not both! :). I enjoyed the cerebral approach to Andor as much as seeing Bo Karan’s character arc in the current season.

Mnyb

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I watch as entertainment :) problem for me is that the character arc was finished last season so there reali is no storytelling reason for this season

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Hi

The show is bad, the “Acting” ( can you “act” with your face in a helmet? )Voice acting perhaps, is flat… Even then, they all have a hard time uttering, the lame “This the way”. I like SciFi so I watch it… but don’t like this season so far.. I hope they renew Andor, this one I liked a lot..

Peace.
We all have our opinions.
Yours just happens to be wrong. LOL
I watch Andor cause it's "almost SciFi" but mostly I feel like I'm watching a Hallmark chick-flick. :p

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
We pre-empted our Sunday night and binged the whole S03 to E05.
Both of us learned that Grogu is the name of the 'The Baby'!
That was exciting...:confused:

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
We pre-empted our Sunday night and binged the whole S03 to E05.
Both of us learned that Grogu is the name of the 'The Baby'!
That was exciting...:confused:
What we knew that before season 3. Until that was shown everyone I know was calling him Baby Yoda.

Top Bottom