• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

The Mandalorian - Season 3

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Last edited:
OP
JSmith

JSmith

Master Contributor
Until that was shown everyone I know was calling him Baby Yoda.
Yeah... although they didn't mean the child version of Yoda, but it's because no one knows what "species" Yoda, Yaddle and Grogu actually are, or what planet they are from. :cool:

JSmith

posvibes

Even I didn't mind series 1 & 2, but the pirates, the quick draw and then the utterly unexpected, surprising, who woulda thunk it chase through an asteroid belt, I mean who saw that one coming eh? That's when turned it off.

I shamefully admit I was kinda barracking for the giant crocodile to wipe out the mando's right there on the beach;)

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Like the recent Cocaine Bear movie. It was so bad it was quite a bit of fun to watch.
LOL. I'm about 2/3 of the way thru Cocaine Bear and this is the dumbest, funnest thing I've see in years. Thanks for turning me on to it, I have some friends who will love it !!!!
Is this really what Ray Leotta has sunken too. :facepalm:

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
LOL. I'm about 2/3 of the way thru Cocaine Bear and this is the dumbest, funnest thing I've see in years. Thanks for turning me on to it, I have some friends who will love it !!!!
Is this really what Ray Leotta has sunken too. :facepalm:
Well his part was sort of the worst of it. Except he died shortly after it was finished. So this was his last movie. :(

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Well his part was sort of the worst of it. Except he died shortly after it was finished. So this was his last movie. :(
I just read that they dialed back the gore in the final screen out of respect for his death.
I'm not sure how much worse it could have been since we see the bear cubs eating his intestines
like a string of sausages. That was awesome! LOL

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I just read that they dialed back the gore in the final screen out of respect for his death.
I'm not sure how much worse it could have been since we see the bear cubs eating his intestines
like a string of sausages. That was awesome! LOL
One of the friends who watched this with me hates gore in movies. He won't watch most war movies for that reason. His wife even thought he wouldn't watch it. This was done in a way both of them were laughing at all of it. So preposterous it didn't bother him.

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
One of the friends who watched this with me hates gore in movies. He won't watch most war movies for that reason. His wife even thought he wouldn't watch it. This was done in a way both of them were laughing at all of it. So preposterous it didn't bother him.
That is surprising since it was pretty graphic even if done tongue in cheek.
Personally I get a bang out of that stuff with the dismembered limbs and heads
it had me LMAO

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Well, just watched the 6th episode…

… it was kind of a whodunit episode. It didn’t really advance the story very much. A lot of guest stars this time. You just have to love Christopher Lloyd though! All in all, it was okay light entertainment. I would have liked a bit more of a twist, though. It was all very linear.

… and Hyperloop? Really? :facepalm:

Last edited:

FrantzM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Hi

Throwing salt on the wounds, and will try not to spoil too much..

The last episode of this show " guns for Hire" , is epically BAD. o_O
A chase, running after a droid on an unknown planet, and our hero, after a few right turns, these all were right turns, ( He knows his way around, the Force was with him) finds a way to land on the droid ...
A bar for droids... where they drink ... oil? Seriously :D... :rolleyes:
This episode could well be a case of "jumping the shark". Please go watch and share with us.

Peace.

Last edited:

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
We will be watching S03E06, with the warnings of @voodooless and @FrantzM .
Your valuable inputs are not spoilers but at least we won't have to wear our seatbelts [o_O] because there won't be any shockers!
Thanks.

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I am not sure if S03E06 was difficult to watch or too easy to forget.:facepalm: It refused grab our full attention.
We landed on the Netflix 'Night Ranger' which has enjoyable explosions and typical gov't corruption/conspiracies << here on terra-firma!:rolleyes:

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I am not sure if S03E06 was difficult to watch or too easy to forget.:facepalm: It refused grab our full attention.
We landed on the Netflix 'Night Ranger' which has enjoyable explosions and typical gov't corruption/conspiracies << here on terra-firma!:rolleyes:
I thought it was easy to watch, and better than the previous two episodes. Yet, yes, it was highly forgettable, and did nothing to advance the plot much. They apparently are moving toward a conclusion in this season according to articles. I think they are padding the episodes due to lack of writing ability. Or as one good reviewer I've seen point out repeatedly, viewers don't like mystery boxes. They can used effectively if done carefully and rarely. Many inexperienced screenwriters think they sustain interest over many episodes. This reviewer has said any mystery box that isn't opened by the end of the episode in which it occurs or in a single movie is a failure and leeches meaning out of any plot lines. This season seems littered with little mystery boxes they seem to slowly be putting together for the end. And yes, it irritates me and interferes with the story rather than maintaining my interest. Poor writers think it builds suspense and it does not.

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Just had the time to catch up on S3E6, a most excellent episode.
It's everything a Star Wars subplot should be.
Tons of freaky aliens, lots a action, and a great continuation of the story line.
The best CGI that can be expected from a low budget presentation.
MHO is this is turning out to be the best season of Mando yet.
And maybe the best subplot period.
I'll be bummed to see it wrap up soon.

I'm hoping for a Boba Fett Season 2
His appearance in Mando a bit back has raised some hope and interest.

I sure hope the Marvel can pull off Guardians of the Galaxy 3 in as good a manner as the first 2
A hard roe to hoe for sure, they being some of the most viewing fun I've ever had.
We'll all find out in another month.

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Well, the defending silence here says it all I guess…

Some comic relief may be in order:

DJBonoBobo

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I think the Mandalorian is made for 8-14 year old boys and those who like to feel a bit like it again. I watch it, but really wished the writing had been more intelligent and interesting.
Hate the dumbness of some parts of it, though. I am not expecting "Better Call Grogu", but a bit more of Andor's writing...

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Well the recent episodes were entertaining enough. Obviously the story is not about the Mando guy or Grogu, but pivoting to Bo Kataan (the showrunner even said so). Okay, but that is kind of ignoring what made it popular. If it were a long story arc like GOT, maybe all this could be done better. Also, finally the return of Moff Gideon. The obvious villain, but where has he been? There is one more show in this season and only now does he return. Geez, and once again, even 8 year old writers would have gotten this right. It also miffed me that they save Navarro and are given a huge tract of land to live free as they wish out of gratitude. They find sort of a Mandalorian fleet they convince to return with them to Navarro. Obviously good to have to defend the place in the future of your new homeland away from Mandalore. So what do they do? Leave taking the fleet with them like right away. :facepalm:

I know ChatGPT could write this series far better than is being done in season 3. For a lot lower cost.

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
I think the Mandalorian is made for 8-14 year old boys and those who like to feel a bit like it again. I watch it, but really wished the writing had been more intelligent and interesting.
Hate the dumbness of some parts of it, though. I am not expecting "Better Call Grogu", but a bit more of Andor's writing...
I have no idea what your problem is but I find your review/opinion highly insulting and as "full of shit" as they come.
Mando S3 has been an excellent, entertaining season to watch.
Best you stick to reviewing cartoons.

Top Bottom