• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

The Expanse Season 6

Gorgonzola

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
So far so good, both the show to date and the current season.

If you're looking for a real science show, this ain't it though space vessels having to reverse to slow down approaching their destinations is a nice touch. "Proto-molecules" and curtain-thin space portals to other parts of the universe are pretty implausible in terms of real science. Then again I yet to see or read any "science fiction" that wasn't actually more fantasy than science.

Probably the best concept of the show in conflict and rebellions of earth colonies, that is, Mars and the asteroid belt. Also PC in this day & age is racial diversity of the characters.

Spkrdctr

Major Contributor
Thanks I have watched all the seasons except this one. I'm going to binge watch starting tonight!

FrantzM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I am still a fan but the show feels hurried, hurtling to the finish line. Enjoyable, but not the finest season, so far ...
I wonder why it had to be this way: Series is a clear winner with an enormous fan base .. Why rush to end it in 6 (short) episodes?

JJB70

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I am still a fan but the show feels hurried, hurtling to the finish line. Enjoyable, but not the finest season, so far ...
I wonder why it had to be this way: Series is a clear winner with an enormous fan base .. Why rush to end it in 6 (short) episodes?

Indeed. I can see why the time line of the books creates a problem for the TV producers but it seems strange to truncate both the story and the number of episodes available this condensed version.

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I suppose the TV series is very expensive to produce and the popularity is good but not great so that they decided to reduce the episode number to save some money...

Darc

In my opinion, it is the only TV show that has been on a par for so long. The action in season six is quite slow, and this is supposed to be the last season - I'm afraid I'll never know who made the protomolecule

moonlight rainbow dream

In my opinion, it is the only TV show that has been on a par for so long. The action in season six is quite slow, and this is supposed to be the last season - I'm afraid I'll never know who made the protomolecule
Hope I'm not bursting any bubbles, but there are 3 books worth of story left that will not be covered by the end of this season.

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
One scene with Duarte in the final episode certainly set it up - either season 7 or a movie. I’d love to see it happen. Great series! Great finale! Now back to the final book.

Martin
Rumor I read was they already had plans for either a movie or season 7 with Netflix. Which seems odd, but possible. They certainly have made no progress toward resolving what the proto-molecule is in the current season.

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Right?!?
I really hope they're just saving all good stuff for the last episode... :oops:
They keep hinting it will advance humanity. Maybe they will reveal how in the last episode and show its effects in season 7 or a movie.

HammerSandwich

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
As often happens, I'm fine with the actors but want to smack the writers & producers. Over the last 20 minutes or so, the "Oh. Oh, no. They won't really end it like this?" feeling kept getting stronger...

Glad to see I'm not the only one.

DWPress

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
We didn't find the series until last year. Happily, because then we got to binge 5 seasons worth which was great to get immersed into. I love the attention to science that they do incorporate into the show and some really great characters and actors portraying them.

Haven't watched the last episode yet so I haven't read the past 3 or 4 posts....

OP
Ron Texas

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I thought episode 5 was not that exciting.

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I thought there were 8 episodes. Fool me, there are only six and now I've seen the season finale. It did say season finale and not series finale. Good episode, but entirely inadequate on several levels if there are no more seasons. They could easily make three more seasons. I don't know why Amazon would not do so unless those involved simply decline. HBO was willing to write a blank check for two more seasons of GOT, but the people making it said no.

I hope there are a few more seasons or a couple movies.

Top Bottom