• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Recommendation for all in one (DAC+preamp+amp stage) for DCA Expanse

bryan0101

Hi guys,
I've been using the DCA expanse for awhile, currently the chain is Matrix x-sabre pro mqa->AHB2->zynsonix_headphone_switch. Fully balanced.
It's clean and clear for sure, but it's alot to live with in my cubicle (now full time on site)
I'm hoping if there is an all in one solution with fully balanced internal and clean and clear dac and amp stage that can rival if not best the current chain that I have.
Any suggestion?
Cheers

majingotan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Topping DX9 should rival that setup!

JIW

For something more compact than the DX9 but with less power and slightly less impressive specs, consider the RME ADI-2 Pro FS. It needs an adapter from 2x6.35 mm to your balanced connector, however. Power should be enough to get to about 115 dB SPL peaks at 0.001% THD with 8 dB left to full output for quiet material with sufficiently low peaks. The DX9's dimensions (WxHxD) are 340 x 60 x 225 mm while the RME's are (WxHxD): 215 x 44 x 130 mm.

Also, having owned an ADI-2 DAC FS, I can say the support is great and you can get into direct contact with the chief engineer (at)MC_RME on here to discuss if the device fits your needs or desires.

Human Bass

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Fiio R9 has more features than the Topping DX9.

asrUser

Fiio K9, K9 AKM or K9 Pro.

pogo

Major Contributor
NAD M33 - It may not be balanced at the output, but the correction options are probably some of the best in my opinion. And it's really an AIO.
Here is the necessary M33 DL project to optimize/correct HPs: Link
And here an example: Link

Last edited:

asrUser

Top Bottom