• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Deltalab DL-4 interface to Deltalab MB-4...HELP!

Cheezmistr

I've owned a Delta lab model DL-4 digital delay flanger unit since 1984. They were used on early Rush in Genesis recordings. It's got a five-pin XLR connector on the back to connect to an optional memory expansion rack unit model MB-4. This increases the delay time to 2 seconds which was a lot in the late seventies and early '80s. They made very very few MB-4 memory expansion modules. I only come across one every 10 years I just snatched one on reverb but I can't get it to work. I know on the DL-4 you set the memory switch for external when using the MB-4 but I'm not sure how to set up the MB-4 switch. The MB-4 has an additional five pin XLR connection for additional MB-4s? I don't know? Either way I get no sound when connected to the MB-4 The time delay pot on the DL-4 does change the digital readout settings on the MB-4. I've been a audio Electronics technician since the late '70s so I somehow will figure this thing out. But if there's any old dogs out there that know anything about early digital delays or even just a manual for a Delta lab MB-4 I will fix my last toy!

Attachments

• 20240227_161522.jpg
    20240227_161522.jpg
    211.8 KB · Views: 37
  • 20240227_162231.jpg
    20240227_162231.jpg
    251 KB · Views: 34
Top Bottom