• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

The Expanse Season 6

Soniclife

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
If that is really the end of the TV series I don't know what the point of this last series was, where they have left it feels more like a midpoint of a season than a final end point. They spent needless time setting up the next phase of the protomolecule story, and then did nothing with it, odd and disappointing.

simbloke

Forum Donor
I felt it got off to a very slow start in season 1, and that this last season was a bit rushed. I have enjoyed it though and it beats most of the stuff on TV these days.

danadam

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Did anyone notice the names of the marines attacking the station? :)
names.jpg

A list from reddit thread:
  • Draper B - Bobbie Draper, The Expanse
  • Burton A - Amos Burton, The Expanse
  • Ackbar G - Admiral Giar Ackbar, Star Wars
  • Idaho D - Duncan Idaho, Dune
  • Quaid D - Douglas Quaid, Total Recall
  • Rogan A - Alex Rogan, The Last Starfighter
  • Bowman D - David Bowman, 2001
  • Nesmith J - Jason Nesmith, Galaxy Quest
  • Shephard C - Commander Shephard, Mass Effect
  • Buck E - Edward Buck, Halo universe
  • Garrity K - Confirmed as one of Naren Shankar's karate teachers
  • Ochiai H - Confirmed as one of Naren Shankar's karate teachers
  • Ripley E - Ellen Ripley, Alien franchise
  • Vasquez J - Jenette Vasquez, Aliens
  • Hicks D - Dwayne Hicks, Aliens
  • Hudson W - William Hudson, Aliens
  • Cooper J - either Joseph 'Coop' Cooper, Interstellar or Jack Cooper, Titanfall 2
  • Deckard R - Rick Deckard, Blade Runner
  • Anderton J - John Anderton, Minority Report
  • O'Neil J - Jack O'Neil, Stargate
  • Levine R - Confirmed as one of Naren Shankar's karate teachers
  • Rico J - John/Johnny Rico - Starship Troopers
  • Starr L - Lucky Starr, Asimov or Lone Starr, Spaceballs
  • Thrace K - Kara Thrace (Starbuck), Battlestar Galactica
  • Banks L - Louise Banks, Arrival
  • Connor S - Sarah Connor, Terminator
  • Flynn K - Kevin Flynn, TRON
  • Stone R - Ryan Stone, Gravity
  • Neary R - Roy Neary, Close Encounters of the Third Kind
  • Riker W - William Riker, Star Trek TNG

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Did anyone notice the names of the marines attacking the station? :)

A list from reddit thread:
  • Draper B - Bobbie Draper, The Expanse
  • Burton A - Amos Burton, The Expanse
  • Ackbar G - Admiral Giar Ackbar, Star Wars
  • Idaho D - Duncan Idaho, Dune
  • Quaid D - Douglas Quaid, Total Recall
  • Rogan A - Alex Rogan, The Last Starfighter
  • Bowman D - David Bowman, 2001
  • Nesmith J - Jason Nesmith, Galaxy Quest
  • Shephard C - Commander Shephard, Mass Effect
  • Buck E - Edward Buck, Halo universe
  • Garrity K - Confirmed as one of Naren Shankar's karate teachers
  • Ochiai H - Confirmed as one of Naren Shankar's karate teachers
  • Ripley E - Ellen Ripley, Alien franchise
  • Vasquez J - Jenette Vasquez, Aliens
  • Hicks D - Dwayne Hicks, Aliens
  • Hudson W - William Hudson, Aliens
  • Cooper J - either Joseph 'Coop' Cooper, Interstellar or Jack Cooper, Titanfall 2
  • Deckard R - Rick Deckard, Blade Runner
  • Anderton J - John Anderton, Minority Report
  • O'Neil J - Jack O'Neil, Stargate
  • Levine R - Confirmed as one of Naren Shankar's karate teachers
  • Rico J - John/Johnny Rico - Starship Troopers
  • Starr L - Lucky Starr, Asimov or Lone Starr, Spaceballs
  • Thrace K - Kara Thrace (Starbuck), Battlestar Galactica
  • Banks L - Louise Banks, Arrival
  • Connor S - Sarah Connor, Terminator
  • Flynn K - Kevin Flynn, TRON
  • Stone R - Ryan Stone, Gravity
  • Neary R - Roy Neary, Close Encounters of the Third Kind
  • Riker W - William Riker, Star Trek TNG
Yes I noticed two in the middle that were obvious. I stopped and backed up to a still frame to look at it. I recognized most of them. There were three or four I didn't know where they came from.

posvibes

Also PC in this day & age is racial diversity of the characters.
Not sure as to how you are using the word PC in this context, but the diversity on the show seems to more accurately reflect the population I see everyday, in fact there maybe a little to much emphasis on the amount of fairer skin colour given the predicted future demographic mix of the world.

What always fascinates me about science fiction generally as a genre is its contention that despite the imagined phenomenal technological advancement that is always exhibited it is still in the hands of humans that have not evolved one iota and that the handgun and rifle in form factor and capability hasn't changed much at all; the bad guys can't hit the side of a barn but the hero is always right on the money.

The most interesting thing about The Expanse from my point of view is the class politics and even here the political motivation of a rebellion by the Belters is depicted as nothing but a criminal enterprise, the great unwashed led by nefarious leaders as a front for felonious material gain.

Gorgonzola

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I want The Expanse to continue on. Hoping the rumors are true.
Yes, I enjoyed the series but I did feel the ending was too abrupt. Great to Earth, Mars, and the Belt seemingly buddies, but are they really? Also, issues around the 'proto molecule' are far from resolved. So a sequel series is certainly possibility if producers are eager to purse one.

Gorgonzola

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Not sure as to how you are using the word PC in this context, but the diversity on the show seems to more accurately reflect the population I see everyday, in fact there maybe a little to much emphasis on the amount of fairer skin colour given the predicted future demographic mix of the world.
I think after all you're right. In fact you don't have to go to future; there are places, mainly cities, that are already highly diverse, including Toronto where I lived for over two decades during as since which it has changed a lot.

"Too much emphasis on the amount of fairer skin colour"? Ha, right!! Watched any Bollywood flicks?
What always fascinates me about science fiction generally as a genre is its contention that despite the imagined phenomenal technological advancement that is always exhibited it is still in the hands of humans that have not evolved one iota and that the handgun and rifle in form factor and capability hasn't changed much at all; the bad guys can't hit the side of a barn but the hero is always right on the money.
Yeah, bad guys in particular a terrible shots regardless of the era.
The most interesting thing about The Expanse from my point of view is the class politics and even here the political motivation of a rebellion by the Belters is depicted as nothing but a criminal enterprise, the great unwashed led by nefarious leaders as a front for felonious material gain.
It does seem though, that the "great unwashed", with ever the legitimacy of their complaints, are easily corrupted by sociopathic megalomaniacs. Americas ought to recognize an example close to home.

Last edited:

steve59

Major Contributor
any of you find ty and that guy on you tube? Ty Frank, one half if the writing team James s a Corey and amos,Wes Chatham discuss each episode and other things, for about an hour. It's fun to listen to and answers some questions about the show.

Top Bottom