• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Test presonus Eris 3.5 with step response and audio record examples

bennybbbx

Addicted to Fun and Learning
it have a 3,5 inch small bass and mid so step response is very good and i hear lots more realistic stereo wide as on Kali 6.5 . It have a hifi FR with the hifi magic gap at 300- 700 hz. the gap at 10 khz have both speakers so it seem not a defect of the speaker or wrong measure. I verify many times the gap is always in. I think the high freq sound good too with good transients and when attach a hearing curve that lower at 2 khz you can choose this way that it is linear upto 20 khz. this tweeter have more level as other speakers at 18-20 khz. bass is few, but sound very precise. if you like realistic bass a subwoofer with 80 hz crossover work good. the example audio show a distorton guitar which let hear best if the mid range speaker have worse transients. this mid speaker have good transients
Eris 3.5 Step response.jpg

Eris 3.5 FR.jpg

Attachments

• eris 3.5.mp3.zip
    618.3 KB · Views: 155
  • original.zip
    615.7 KB · Views: 147
OP
B

bennybbbx

I disable the tweeter. see also this post

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...itor-review-100-pair.23388/page-3#post-836777

there are audio mp3 records of the example song in zip for the eris NT (NT mean in this case no Tweeter :D) and at same microphone position a new mtm record. the old records are at other microphone positions. ibest hear with headphones. it sound not as what i hear because the microphone have more record angle as ears i think . hear how big the room sound in the records and in original in the top post. i think wide band speakers (or coaxial speakers maybe )are important enhance, maybe for near field it is more important. the reverb in songs sound better and the in concert hall sit feel is much better. i notice this also when compare with headphones. now the headphones sound not wider as the speakers. now need do such a test with 2 way coaxial speakers if they so good as wide band speakers. for me the high freqs are enough, but there are also 6 or 8 inch wide band speakers that reach 20 khz without problems

this is the correctet FR
eris NT correctet EQ.jpg

Attachments

• eris nt.zip
    562.9 KB · Views: 104
  • mtm.zip
    563.4 KB · Views: 89
OP
B

bennybbbx

eris 3.5 group delay.jpg
the group delay measure at 1.5 cm. so it is only good for the mid/woofer. Group delay look really good at frequency higher 200 hz, for ITD hear is frequency from 120 upto 1.4 khz important. there is the REW mdat file of the 1.5 cm measure. there are 2 versions with high volume and low volume. both look same upto 1.4 khz

Attachments

• eris 1.5 cm.mdat.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 67
Last edited:
Top Bottom