• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Teac nr7 cd player,integrated,streamer

Mike G

Thinking about getting one for my b&w cm6s2 speakers. Does anyone know about this product? First time considering all in one component,especially class D amp.

antcollinet

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Only that you are unlikely to better the peformance you could achieve with separates at half the cost or less (perhaps depending on exactly what features of the teac you actually need).

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
It looks lovely, but it is rather expensive. There just isn't USD$5k in it I'm afraid. At say $1499 it'd be a decent buy. Wait until run-out deals in a few years...

1642378013566.png

JSmith

Master Contributor

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
OP
M

Mike G

It looks lovely, but it is rather expensive. There just isn't USD$5k in it I'm afraid. At say $1499 it'd be a decent buy. Wait until run-out deals in a few years...

View attachment 179517
Thanks for your opinion. I agree,just ain't enough inside to justify the price. TMR had them for$1150.00 USD,but are now sold out. I'll stick with my Black Ice Audio,Primaluna dialogue premium HP amp,and marantz SA8005 separates. Can't forget the aurum cantus m102se speakers. Sounds great!

OP
M

Mike G

Only that you are unlikely to better the peformance you could achieve with separates at half the cost or less (perhaps depending on exactly what features of the teac you actually need).
Thanks. I'm sticking with what i have.

OP
M

Mike G

TEAC NR7 appears to be a discontinued item.
AIO audio hardware is not my sweet-spot. [as always; YMMV]
May I recommend you either one of these; if you truly want to stick with TEAC/TASCAM brand:
TASCAM CD-RW901MKII CD Recorder/Player (XLR version)
TASCAM CD-200SB Balanced XLR Output CD Player
Now you have $4500USD to spend on other parts of a 'separates' system!
Cheers,
Thanks. I have a nice separates setup. Was just contemplating one for the standmount CM6S2 spare pair. You are correct,they are discontinued.

Top Bottom