• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

I need to listen flac. Which approach is best to use?

OP
S

Steiners

2 meters between speakers and 4m listening distance no good at all. Especially if beyond critical distance. Side wall reflections not really an issue if carefully balanced side to side.
I can not say anything about audio part. But if I have 3m between spekers and 3m height triangle, than the lateral sides of an isosceles triangle have 3,35m. In any case, I don't sit like a statue. :)

Toni Mas

I can not say anything about audio part. But if I have 3m between spekers and 3m height triangle, than the lateral sides of an isosceles triangle have 3,35m. In any case, I don't sit like a statue. :)
Yes of course, no need to be too strict. Simply as commented before question is to avoid too atypical triangles. In the past i have been obliged by room conditions to listen from 4m while the speakers were separated by only 2m and had to recognize that imaging suffered, and i only use this setup now for casual listening in that room.

OP
S

Steiners

More seriously, though, this may help:

Wait, I already watched a video with this guy where he compared Kali LP8v2 vs Kali LP6v2 for listening to music. He clearly formulated there that Kali LP6v2 is suitable up to about three meters, after 3m Kali LP8v2 is better. Link

Toni Mas

Wait, I already watched a video with this guy where he compared Kali LP8v2 vs Kali LP6v2 for listening to music. He clearly formulated there that Kali LP6v2 is suitable up to about three meters, after 3m Kali LP8v2 is better. Link
As commented before an 8" midwoofer will play louder than a 6", which will play louder than a 4", etc...

terryforsythe

Forum Donor
Consider all of the information and then decide what is best for you. Erin is very knowledgeable, and he does a very good job at giving you both objective and subjective data to help you make your decision.

OP
S

Steiners

To reduce the number of options, I can say that my plan for now is this:

1. BOSS2 Player (thanks @Digital_Thor) -> Kali
2. AVR room correction

If for some reason I don’t like the monitors, then 1b. WIIAmp -> Passive speakers with front port

I'am not want much. If I get the sound close to my simple but loved headphones Yamaha RM5A, I´ll be happy. :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom