• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

TANCHJIM One IEM Review

Rate this IEM:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 5 3.2%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 48 30.4%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 102 64.6%

• Total voters

markanini

Major Contributor
Enjoying the Balanced DSP preset a lot. It's like Truthear Red with better details.

Jeromeof

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Enjoying the Balanced DSP preset a lot. It's like Truthear Red with better details.
I agree its excellent - the one pity I think is that there isn't a 10 band PEQ as mostly these presets use all 5 bands - while I would love to pick the "Balanced" preset then add extra tweaks with other filters (that I could enable/disable to hear the differences they might make)

GIOCASS

Just playing around with the DSP cable (USB C terminal), works perfectly also with my Ikko OH 10, Moondrop Kato and Tin HiFi T3Plus.
Plug and play in my Pixel phone and the DSP Tanchjim app allow for endless customization. For now I will resist the urge of buying another set, just for the cable + Tanchjim app.

GIOCASS

I agree its excellent - the one pity I think is that there isn't a 10 band PEQ as mostly these presets use all 5 bands - while I would love to pick the "Balanced" preset then add extra tweaks with other filters (that I could enable/disable to hear the differences they might make)
I agree and I can say that the Balanced preset allow you to switch to different iems and then customize further

carpman

I contacted Tanchjim about their Tanchjim One's since they'd sensibly decided to go with a replaceable cable. I thought I'd ask where I can buy the official Tanchjim One replaceable cable (3.5mm, non DSP) since it's designed rather differently than many, in that the socket is quite narrow and the pins on the cable are longer than most.

I won't go through the whole conversation (much of which seemed lost in translation), but here's my final bid:
So you can buy the cable separately?
I haven't found a single seller who offers this. Can you provide a link to one?
This is the only link I've found: https://conceptkart.com/products/tanchjim-one-replacement-cable-for-iem

Their reply was (I've corrected the grammar a little):
No, it is not for sale.. It's usually ordered by seller for after sales.

Seems strange that Tanchjim, after giving their One IEM a (nontraditional) narrow socket and their cable for it a deep pin, wouldn't then sell their own cable separately (more money for Tanchjim, no?).

I'm still waiting on my 3rd party cable to see if it fits, but I have a feeling there may be some filing involved.

You'd think, since Tanchjim had gone to the trouble to make a cable replaceable, it would have been trivial to manufacture extra cables and make these available to customers (who might want spares) and not just sellers for aftercare issues. I've just been involved in a lens hood product with a push cap - for the initial order we made extra push caps to be sold separately - it seemed obvious.

C.

Jeromeof

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I contacted Tanchjim about their Tanchjim One's since they'd sensibly decided to go with a replaceable cable. I thought I'd ask where I can buy the official Tanchjim One replaceable cable (3.5mm, non DSP) since it's designed rather differently than many, in that the socket is quite narrow and the pins on the cable are longer than most.

I won't go through the whole conversation (much of which seemed lost in translation), but here's my final bid:

Their reply was (I've corrected the grammar a little):

Seems strange that Tanchjim, after giving their One IEM a (nontraditional) narrow socket and their cable for it a deep pin, wouldn't then sell their own cable separately (more money for Tanchjim, no?).

I'm still waiting on my 3rd party cable to see if it fits, but I have a feeling there may be some filing involved.

You'd think, since Tanchjim had gone to the trouble to make a cable replaceable, it would have been trivial to manufacture extra cables and make these available to customers (who might want spares) and not just sellers for aftercare issues. I've just been involved in a lens hood product with a push cap - for the initial order we made extra push caps to be sold separately - it seemed obvious.

C.
When I measured my Tanchjim One DSP - I actually switch the DSP cable with a "standard" 2-pin for some of the measurements, just so I could see what difference the DSP 'cable' makes over a standard cable - so I don't think there should be a problem with most 3rd party 2-pin cables

carpman

Ah - interesting. The only cable I have (at present) are non-recessed and recessed is on the way. Just looking at pics and the One IEM I have to hand, it looked like it would be an issue. Sounds like it's probably not.

I may have been overly influenced by this and the following post.

Thanks for the info.

C,

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Ah - interesting. The only cable I have (at present) are non-recessed and recessed is on the way. Just looking at pics and the One IEM I have to hand, it looked like it would be an issue. Sounds like it's probably not.

Thanks for the info.

C,
My favourite reasonable aftermarket cable- Tripowin Zonie will fit. You just need a cable that has a step down "brick" between the base of the connector barrel and the pins themselves. Ones that are flush to the pins are no good.

carpman

Yes, this is the one I have on the way. But still the pins are no way near as long.

recessed.jpg

C.

Rufus T. Firefly

Forum Donor
Upon further review and listening to different types of music I have decided that these are not for me. They seem a bit shrill but to be fair I didn't fool much with them and ended up passing them off to the better half.

sophie smith

Thanks for the info.

C,
Linsoul Zombur fits. Tried and it works.

sophie smith

I like the sound, but it fits poorly for me. Returned and replaced with TruthEar Zero2. Fits like a glove, as does the first version. Really like the low profile, but not the fit. But the sound otherwise is very similar to me.

mc.god

I like the sound, but it fits poorly for me. Returned and replaced with TruthEar Zero2. Fits like a glove, as does the first version. Really like the low profile, but not the fit. But the sound otherwise is very similar to me.
Maybe you mean 7Hz Zero 2?

mc.god

Yes. I guess the Brand is Linsoul for that, not truthEar. My bad. I thought for some reason they were made by the same company..
7Hz is the manufacturer, Linsoul is a seller, a big one, often having the exclusive on some products, so its name appears on description when you buy its items from amazon.

Top Bottom