• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Any proper reviews/measurements of $45 Creative pebble plus?

8_4_pebbleplus.png

These probably don't sound better than 8361A or Salon 2, But since this is audio SCIENCE review, we are obligated to ignore the our intuition & test it our selves

Because if they are even slightly above terrible, they would be a steal. 45$ for a pair of "full-range" mains (more like headphone drivers) and a "subwoofer" (have my doubts) in a gorgeous ultra-near-field setup. Considering they don't have to get very-loud and creative isn't the worst company when it comes to sound quality, these may have a chance of being decent-ish.

But there is a lack of trust worthy measurements & reviews out there for these. of course it would be great if our lord @amirm reviews them but I would appreciate impressions or room measurements from members here.

Penelinfi

Would be an odd measurement case as they will sit on a desk, pointing upwards so you'd kind of need to replicate that setup.
Could be a budget Kali lol

TonyJZX

Major Contributor
these would be the in the same bucket as any cheap PC 2.1 system right?

i actually have a few sets of these... ie. leftovers from PC deployements and the like

logitech z623 etc.

they work great hooked up to a TV just so you dont have to put up with the inbuilt piezo squeakers

but like a basic setup like a Fosi V3 and any decent 5-6" bookshelfs make them sound like the plastic tubs they are

kekus

I use these for my ancient desktop PC, they sound great for the money. Not studio monitors, but I have no problem enjoying music on them.
Attached a quick measurement from my listening position, about 0.5m away, at 71 db, psychoacoustic smoothing. My desk is in a corner, "subwoofer" on the desk in corner so it benefits from that. I would not rely too much on this response, as it can change with distance from mic, desk etc.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    103.9 KB · Views: 288
Top Bottom