• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

SVS Ultra Bookshelf Speaker Review

bodhi

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Given the opportunity to buy a used pair of ultra’s with some cosmetic damage for $480 USD and knowing everything in this thread, would you? These would be used in a near field wall mounted 2.1 desk setup primarily for music.

Of course not. Why get used, damaged sepakers that seem to have clear problems? It doesn't make any sense.

Hubentus

I'll post this here, although I know this is the Ultra Bookshelf thread.
SVS Ultra Centre FR measurement links as a pdf.

Attachments

• SVS Ultra Centre.pdf
    756 KB · Views: 114

keenly

I have found that speakers with metal tweeters are always brighter with some harshness. I have had KEF, Monitor Audio and have SVS elevation now. The elevation are boosted at 1K, sounds sharp with horns and explosions.

Beave

Major Contributor
I have found that speakers with metal tweeters are always brighter with some harshness. I have had KEF, Monitor Audio and have SVS elevation now. The elevation are boosted at 1K, sounds sharp with horns and explosions.

1kHz is below the tweeter range for all three of those speaker brands.

Top Bottom