• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Streaming FLAC from PC to DAP?

Graph Feppar

Hello, I am considering buying Fiio player with WiFi. I know it can stream loseless red book quality from Tidal but I dont know how streaming FLAC from PC works.

If I have Windows 10 and bunch of 16bit 44.1KHz FLACs that I want to play using VLC media player, how do I make it so my WiFi DAP recieves this music while remaining loseless? I want to avoid the SBC lossy compression. I never saw anyone do this, no idea how this works. I want the new Fiio M6 player, I believe the M9 model have same WiFi streaming capability so if you have it tell me how it is.

OP
Graph Feppar

Graph Feppar

I looked at that Plex thing, but that is not what I want. To clarify what I want, and I am not even sure if it possible, I want the DAP to work as wireless PC soundcard.

I dont want to just use PC as storage for music so I can then play it from DAP. I dont want the DAP to control the music except loudness, I dont want to skip tracks, pause, pick a track etc... I just want the DAP to play the sound my PC is making in realtime. Be it PC game, FLAC, youtube video or even the sounds Windows makes. A "wireless soundcard" describes it perfectly

bigx5murf

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Chromecast audio can do that with unlicensed audio-cast app. But it's not real time, there's a few second delay.

Top Bottom