• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Recommendation of good streamer that supports Tidal Connect and airplay

somy

I just sold my Matrix Audio Element M streamer, it sounds greats but I have constantly experienced small issues with the iOS app and was a little pissed off that MA doesn’t want to support Tidal Connect on their last generation devices. I have no interest to buy M2 as i can’t justify the huge price jump.
I’m looking for a streamer with good DAC, LCR balanced output (to connect to my power amp), and support for hi-res Tidal Connect and Airplay2.
Price around 1k-2k dollars. Any suggestion?

Last edited:

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

OP
S

somy

Cambridge CXN v2
Thanks I considered this before I bought MA, back then not support MQA is a shortcoming, now Tidal moves to FLAC and it’s a solid choice again. The only issue is the colour, I wish it was in silver - or black

Klonatans

Forum Donor
Thanks I considered this before I bought MA, back then not support MQA is a shortcoming, now Tidal moves to FLAC and it’s a solid choice again. The only issue is the colour, I wish it was in silver - or black

Lunar gray isn't exactly silver but it's close, I think. In Europe Cambridge Audio offer Black Edition, CXN v2 including. I just checked on Google and it's available in the US, too (I suppose you are there).

As to MQA, it's not relevant anymore indeed.

Emlin

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Eversolo DMP-A6

Top Bottom