• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Streamer for Genelec 8240A

MOSDEF

Hello everyone,

I have a pair of Genelec 8240A's and I was "driving" them via Focusrite 2i2 (2nd gen) + custom XLR Klotz cables. This was ages ago, now I want to play PC sound and stream from my Android phone (YT Music). From what I read here, I should stay digital only, something like WiiM Pro Plus?

OP
M

MOSDEF

@staticV3 it might be good to share link for the cables needed as I really get confused with so many different standards and terminations.

Essentially, I would pair WiiM to my Windows devices and just use it as a BT speaker right?

staticV3

Master Contributor
@staticV3 it might be good to share link for the cables needed as I really get confused with so many different standards and terminations.
If you keep the cable length below 8m, then a simple, "dumb" SPDIF to AES cable should do the trick.

Not much point in sending you a link since it would be from an online shop of another country.
Simply google "spdif to aes cable" and choose one of the results.

If you need longer cable lengths, or the connection turns out to be unstable, then an impedance adapter as described in Genelec's guide can help:

Top Bottom