• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Stream or own?

How do you consume music

• I only stream

Votes: 35 10.7%
  • I only play the files I own

Votes: 48 14.6%
  • I mainly stream but I own files too

Votes: 139 42.4%
  • I mainly play the files I own but I occasionally stream

Votes: 106 32.3%

• Total voters

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
I am living* proof. :cool:

(I don't have a photo of the "CD collection" because they're kind of diffusely scattered across several racks -- a small-ish one is visible in the photo above)

MattHooper

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

(I don't have a photo of the "CD collection" because they're kind of diffusely scattered across several racks -- a small-ish one is visible in the photo above)

That's some real dedication in those photos! Wow. Looks like you've had lots of fun! It would be a great time hearing all them crazy designs.

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
It gives one perspective. :)
Although, in fairness to some of that junk -- not all of it has been rehabilated to as new performance, and there are a few shelf queens mixed in that I've never had the nerve to even turn on, much less rehab. ;)

Keith_W

Major Contributor

And I can tell that your other hobby is photography. Let me guess ... birds? (The binoculars + telephoto lens gives it away).

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
And I can tell that your other hobby is photography. Let me guess ... birds? (The binoculars + telephoto lens gives it away).
True, but -- those lenses are my son's... not quite sure why they are here (i.e., as opposed to at his house). They're not exactly state of any art, but he's an avid collector of all things Nikon F/Nikkor. :cool: They are early and rather ridiculous zoom Nikkors.
e.g.,

200-600mm3.jpg

OK, enough OT chatter -- even for (from) me! ;)

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
I've got the exact same IKEA shelving unit in my back room used for a variety of storage.
Dynamite piece for the money with options for doors, drawers, dividers, etc; you can design
it just the way you want it, in any size/number of 12"x12" cubicals.
Just about the perfect listening room accessory.

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
Those are actually the earlier IKEA Expedit shelves (very similar to the later Kallax). The light finished unit was a freebie :)

(an older photo when there was less cr@p in the room!)

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Those are actually the earlier IKEA Expedit shelves (very similar to the later Kallax). The light finished unit was a freebie :)

(an older photo when there was less cr@p in the room!)
The llighter woodgrain finish is what I have.
I'd put up a photo but "ancient Chinese secret" stuff on unit. ;)

Top Bottom