• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Qobuz - How to report defective/deficient tracks?

theREALdotnet

Major Contributor
I’ve been trying to find a way of reporting issues with tracks to Qobuz inside the app and on the website, but came up empty. It may well be my old eyes, I seem to remember that there used to be some way of reporting tracks somehow.

So, if anyone knows how to do that, I’d be much obliged.

Issues I’m wanting to report range from metadata/tagging (sometimes woefully inaccurate or incomplete) to technical defects like loud clicks (clipping?) or incorrect volume levelling info, that don’t occur on other streaming services (my only comparison is usually Apple Music).

I once played a song on Quboz and Roon suggested it was MQA o_O

I too looked for a way to contact them about this but drew a blank. I didn’t try all that hard to be fair though.

Hi @theREALdotnet, if you are using a mobile device, have you tried to open the app and take a screenshot when seeing something wrong ? A pop up will show for you to report bugs, suggestions and ask questions. Hope it helps. Sincerely.

Hi @theREALdotnet, if you are using a mobile device, have you tried to open the app and take a screenshot when seeing something wrong ? A pop up will show for you to report bugs, suggestions and ask questions. Hope it helps. Sincerely.
Welcome and thanks for popping your head above the parapet. I dont think any of the other streaming services have reps on here.

@amirm @BDWoody @AdamG247 might need to design a new badge!

They informed me that the new STUDIO subscription will cost 162 euro's.I opened a ticket and 2 days later got an email with instructions how to cancel. wich i probably will do.

I’ve been trying to find a way of reporting issues with tracks to Qobuz inside the app and on the website, but came up empty. It may well be my old eyes, I seem to remember that there used to be some way of reporting tracks somehow.

So, if anyone knows how to do that, I’d be much obliged.

Issues I’m wanting to report range from metadata/tagging (sometimes woefully inaccurate or incomplete) to technical defects like loud clicks (clipping?) or incorrect volume levelling info, that don’t occur on other streaming services (my only comparison is usually Apple Music).
Lots of advice here: https://www.reddit.com/r/qobuz

They informed me that the new STUDIO subscription will cost 162 euro's.I opened a ticket and 2 days later got an email with instructions how to cancel. wich i probably will do.
Hi @diddley, sorry to read this. Indeed starting on December 1, 2023 the monthly cost of the Studio Solo subscription in the Netherlands will increase from €14.99 to €15.99, and the annual Studio Solo subscription will increase from €149.99 to €162 (respectively 6,6% and 8% increase). Pricing adjustments are essential in today’s economic climate to keep improving our service with exciting new features and to uphold the values we share. Our mission has always been to strike the perfect balance between providing high-quality music to more and more people, while continuing to support fair artist compensation. Please note that our Duo and Family subscription prices remain unchanged.

Thanks Pierre. I’m normally using the Mac app or Audirvana on the Mac, but I’ll try the mobile app and look out for that pop-up.

Hi @diddley, sorry to read this. Indeed starting on December 1, 2023 the monthly cost of the Studio Solo subscription in the Netherlands will increase from €14.99 to €15.99, and the annual Studio Solo subscription will increase from €149.99 to €162 (respectively 6,6% and 8% increase). Pricing adjustments are essential in today’s economic climate to keep improving our service with exciting new features and to uphold the values we share. Our mission has always been to strike the perfect balance between providing high-quality music to more and more people, while continuing to support fair artist compensation. Please note that our Duo and Family subscription prices remain unchanged.
As a single it is nice to know that the Duo and the Family are keeping the price.
But the price hike is just too big.
And i don't need no new functions for a streaming service other then to stream high quality music and a working logical app. That you've got.

Last edited:
As a single it is nice to know that the Duo and the Family are keeping the price.
But the price hike is just too big.
And i don't need no new functions for a streaming service other then to stream high quality music and a working logical app. That you've got.

Looks like they are ripping off you guys. Sure makes a change, Australians usually pay more...

1699224090707.png

1699223936852.png

One issue that occurs a lot is spurious gaps in music that should be continuous from track to track, I assume because the files were created by ripping a CD with incorrect gap settings, though I'm just guessing.

Now and then I encounter files that have skips, sometimes severe, making the track unlistenable. Again I'm assuming this is from a bad CD rip.

Both of these are the fault of whomever is supplying the digital files.

Thanks Pierre. I’m normally using the Mac app or Audirvana on the Mac, but I’ll try the mobile app and look out for that pop-up.
@theREALdotnet indeed that would be the best way as we can only provide this tool on mobile devices for the moment thanks to a SAS tool called Instabug. Definitely something we might have to improve in the future.

@theREALdotnet indeed that would be the best way as we can only provide this tool on mobile devices for the moment thanks to a SAS tool called Instabug. Definitely something we might have to improve in the future.

I must be doing something wrong, or I’m misunderstand the procedure. By just taking a screenshot on the device the app will pop up a bug reporting dialog? How does it even know that a screenshot is being taken? Does “mobile devices” include iPhones and iPads?

@Pierre Qobuz didn't know that Qobuz was here. I want to provide some feedback to you.

1) You have no radio stations, why? Many times, I just want a specific types of music auto played to me, radio stations are very important.
2) Your playlist is almost non-existent. For example, I can't find any good workout play list in while in the gym.
3) Your AI for music discovery is too basic. I rarely discover new music I would like that I have never heard of before with Qobuz.

The great thing about Qobuz that no one else have is the ability of your app to connect to a DAC with WASAPI and ASIO, I think you are the only ones to do that, which is why I signed up in the first play.

I want to provide you with customers' voice on the three things you can do better above.

Let’s keep the conversation Respectful and Civil. Feel free to tell the Qobuz rep what you like and don’t like. Don’t make it personal or insulting.

I like my Qobuz and generally play in through the BluOS and Roon which adds some missing pieces. On the road I use the Qobuz interface. Adding an affiliation with TuneIn, and the ability for Podcasts and a device connect feature would make me more likely to use the native Qobuz web interface as a single dashboard. The music selection is awesome for my eclectic tastes.

I must be doing something wrong, or I’m misunderstand the procedure. By just taking a screenshot on the device the app will pop up a bug reporting dialog? How does it even know that a screenshot is being taken? Does “mobile devices” include iPhones and iPads?
To correct my previous message, I would like to point out that this service is only available to our beta testers via the TestFlight application. If you wish to become a beta tester, you can make a request via our Customer Service or the Qobuz Club, depending on the number of places available. Thank you for your understanding.

Back
Top Bottom