• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Spotify Free on Firefox and Linux (Mint XFCE), skipping tracks, generally borked.

L5730

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Hi all,
Anyone having issues with Spotify free in a browser?
It was working fine in FF on the HP 15" Linux laptop and we were listening to some tunes via the Topping D10 DAC, but now it's just being unusable.
I did fire up Google Chrome also installed on same Linux machine and it seemed OK, not tested exhaustively.

I've done the apt-get update and upgrade to bring everything up to do, logged out of Spotify and back in, cleared cookies and site data. Nothing seemed to solve it.
Funny, I've had similar issues before and they just kinda went away on their own.

I'm guessing Spotify is updating web player code in efforts to play whack-a-mole with browser adblockers. In doing so have borked the low percentile FF users yet again.

Top Bottom