• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Something to pair with a Meridian 271

dsbhachu1

Hi All,

First first post in the forum. Forgive me if this is in the wrong section.

I have the system as per my signature. I am thinking of selling my Meridian 861 processor and HD621 and changing to a Meridian 271, AV Processor and add in some ceiling speakers (perhaps B&W or KEF).

The intention is to have Atmos and something that sounds audio quality wise at least as good as what I have setup already. My budget for an AVP isn't huge (max 4000 USD). It would be nice to have a direct digital connection (AES/EBU ?) to the 271 but appreciate that might be out of my price range.

Does anyone have any recommendations within budget ? I'm happy to go used in order to get a better deal.

Thank you so much in advance.

stevenswall

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
A Used Dolby DP580 might do what you want for a good price. Other than that you're looking at a JBL SDP 55 or 58 with Dante to AES dongles.

The digital part is what you'll pay though the nose for. If you can use the analog inputs on the Meridian, you'll be able to save a ton of money.

OP
D

dsbhachu1

Thanks for getting back to me.

The 271 does indeed have a full analogue input as well as Dante and DB25 input.

I’m not averse to analogue input as long as there’s not a significant detriment to sound quality. I’ve looked at the Denon 8500H as well as the AVM-60.

Can anyone recommend anything better ?

Thank you

Kamrooz

Thanks for getting back to me.

The 271 does indeed have a full analogue input as well as Dante and DB25 input.

I’m not averse to analogue input as long as there’s not a significant detriment to sound quality. I’ve looked at the Denon 8500H as well as the AVM-60.

Can anyone recommend anything better ?

Thank you
Wondering what was your solution?

Top Bottom