• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Some question about Neumann KH120II and Neumann Control App

Kvera

Hello, I have KH80 dsp speakers and I use the Nuemann Control App to adjustment frequence curve or set SPL or set standby time by myself without MA1. Very nice function.
Recently I change my room and I want to buy KH120II, But It seems like can't use Neumann Control App to achieve these functions like KH80 DSP. It must use MA1.
So someone can help me the fact?thanks.
1703510776403.jpeg
1703510792579.jpeg

unpluggged

Neumann.Control supports only KH 80 DSP and KH 750 DSP.

OP
K

Kvera

Neumann.Control 仅支持 KH 80 DSP 和 KH 750
Oh no, I choose Nuemann not Genelec because of the flexible functions, If KH120II can't support these functions without MA1, I must consider whether to buy it

unpluggged

If KH120II can't support these functions without MA1
Which functions specifically? And MA 1 is worth it.

As to the Genelec, the 8330A costs exactly the same as the KH 120 II at the moment on Thomann. And the GLM kit costs a bit more than the MA 1.

somebodyelse

Major Contributor
I really don't understand Neumann's approach to this. I assumed they'd keep the app updated for the new models since they were initially all in on it, and on iPad only no less. Now it seems to be MA1 only, so restricting themselves to a different subset of potential customers. They're keeping quiet about the API being public, so if you can face a bit of code you can control them from most operating systems - see https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...-sennheiser-sound-control-protocol-ssc.38607/

There's a similar (but I think reverse engineered) project to control Genelec via the GLM interface.

OP
K

Kvera

具体有哪些功能呢?MA 1 是值得的。

至于 Genelec,8330A 的价格与目前 Thomann 上的 KH 120 II 完全相同。而且 GLM 套件的价格比 MA 1 贵一点。
set SPL limit,set logo brightness, set frequence curve by myself ...I see MA1 not support these functions?

unpluggged

set SPL limit,set logo brightness, set frequence curve by myself ...I see MA1 not support these functions?
1) Where do you "see" that MA 1 does not support these? You can set these parameters in the software.
2) All these controls, except for the custom PEQ, are available on the speakers themselves.

1703568516815.png

And it's debatable why would you need to do PEQ adjustments without the MA 1 for measurement and calibration. Basic acoustic controls such as low trim, high trim, and desk filter are available directly as hardware controls on the speakers. And I suspect you can use the MA 1 software (which is a free download) without the mic to adjust auto standby and logo brightness settings (here is the online manual: https://ma1.neumann.com/manual); I'll test it when my KH 750 DSP finally arrives.

HarmonicTHD

Major Contributor
1) Where do you "see" that MA 1 does not support these? You can set these parameters in the software.
2) All these controls, except for the custom PEQ, are available on the speakers themselves.

View attachment 337147

And it's debatable why would you need to do PEQ adjustments without the MA 1 for measurement and calibration. Basic acoustic controls such as low trim, high trim, and desk filter are available directly as hardware controls on the speakers. And I suspect you can use the MA 1 software (which is a free download) without the mic to adjust auto standby and logo brightness settings (here is the online manual: https://ma1.neumann.com/manual); I'll test it when my KH 750 DSP finally arrives.
Yes you can use the free MA1 software to set logo brightness, standby etc without the MA1 mic.

Still I am with you. The ca 200bucks for the MA1mic are well worth it and the KH80, 120ii, 150, 750 are pretty much meant to be used with it with their DSPs for room corrections.

Alternative measurement mics (UMIK1) cost some 100 bucks and then you have to go through the hustle of the public API to save 100bucks. Oh well, to each its own.

OP
K

Kvera

1)你从哪里“看到”MA 1不支持这些?您可以在软件中设置这些参数。
2) 除自定义 PEQ 外,所有这些控件均可在扬声器本身上使用。

View attachment 337147

为什么需要在没有 MA 1 进行测量和校准的情况下进行 PEQ 调整,这是有争议的。低配音、高配音和桌面滤波器等基本声学控制可直接作为扬声器上的硬件控制使用。我怀疑你可以使用没有麦克风的 MA 1 软件(免费下载)来调整自动待机和徽标亮度设置(这里是在线手册: https: //ma1.neumann.com/manual);当我的 KH 750 DSP 最终到达时我会测试它。
每个人的需求都不同,有时我需要一些音乐性来听音乐和看电影,但不是很准确,所以 PEQ 对我的需求很重要。

somebodyelse

Major Contributor
Alternative measurement mics (UMIK1) cost some 100 bucks and then you have to go through the hustle of the public API to save 100bucks. Oh well, to each its own.
It's not about the money, it's about not having the required OS. Running some python code is usually less frustrating (for me) than getting something to work in Wine (not always possible) or a VM (slow to spin up each time you want to use the software).

CleanSound

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Few questions for you folks.

On the Neumann website, it states this:
Screenshot_2024-01-28-20-59-50-757~2.jpg

1) Does this mean that the Neumann Control App only works with the MA1?

2) Does this also mean, you can't use the MA1 for other purposes, for example REW?

3) Aside from eq, does the MA1 unlock any other features in the Neumann Control App (such as change the standby time)?

EDIT: Questions answered here: https://audiosciencereview.com/foru...utomatic-monitor-alignment.17902/post-1867033

Last edited:
Top Bottom