• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

KH80 + MA1 how is software config support so far?

superbluecat

Looking into using MA1 for more accurate EQ of the KH80 2.0 system.

I am concerned if the newest MA1 alignment software has same support as neumann.control APP?

There are a number of useful settings:
Standby interval
standby sensitivity
Delay settings

If not so, can I hack some binary values on Windows or copy the MA1 alignment parameters into ipad app?

Thanks so much for discussion.

snackiac

The MA1 app doesn't have the same settings yet, and it doesn't look like the alignment parameters are exposed in any way, other than looking at the pre/post alignment curves.

I haven't tried it, but I believe you can still set the timeout in the iPad app and then use MA1, and it won't overwrite it.

OP
S

superbluecat

Has anyone tried if ma1 is overwriting the standby config by Neumann.control?

snackiac

Has anyone tried if ma1 is overwriting the standby config by Neumann.control?
Just tried, seemed to work fine. I was able to switch to various MA1 configs and it kept working.

Interestingly, I never used auto-standby since it wasn't reliable for me, but looks like it's working perfectly now. Either the firmware update or switching to a MOTU M2 for my interface fixed it.

Illtrick

Just tried, seemed to work fine. I was able to switch to various MA1 configs and it kept working.

Interestingly, I never used auto-standby since it wasn't reliable for me, but looks like it's working perfectly now. Either the firmware update or switching to a MOTU M2 for my interface fixed it.
Sorry to dust off an old thread. I haven’t found any standby settings beyond the time setting. Did you see sensitivity or anything else related to standby? My KH80s keep waking up randomly.

mellowflight

Sorry to dust off an old thread. I haven’t found any standby settings beyond the time setting. Did you see sensitivity or anything else related to standby? My KH80s keep waking up randomly.
Hey!

I’m just wondering if you ever figured out your standby issue?

OP
S

superbluecat

Hey!

Just overwrite other things with ipad first; set ipad calibration to default; then use ma1 to calibrate. Only dsp will get overwriten. I think that works well:)

Illtrick

Hey!

Bottom line: No. In the end I just leave them on 24/7. The randomly changing LEDs and intermittent failure to wake up were collectively worse than whatever few dollars a year more in electricity or few years I'm shortening the lives of the monitors.

Last edited:
Top Bottom