• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Sold Out - Revel Salon2 New Stock w/ full warranty $12k plus shipping

How many subs w/ your Salons?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pearljam5000

Master Contributor
Screenshot_20230701_214935_Chrome.jpg

alont

Forum Donor
Nawww. Salon2s are awesome. Lotsa technology and the grunt to back it up from what I've read.
C'mon, you shouldn't dismiss what I said without anything concrete backing it up.

I know they are legendary and were SOTA when they were released, but what makes them objectively preferable to the other options I mentioned? One thing I can think of is how loud and clean they can play given enough power. Anything else? I'm genuinely curious

Also, op congrats on nabbing a pair of these legends. I'm definitely jealous!

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
C'mon, you shouldn't dismiss what I said without anything concrete backing it up.

I know they are legendary and were SOTA when they were released, but what makes them objectively preferable to the other options I mentioned? One thing I can think of is how loud and clean they can play given enough power. Anything else? I'm genuinely curious

Also, op congrats on nabbing a pair of these legends. I'm definitely jealous!
You want to compare them all? That's a bit more work than I'm ready for atm. :D I'm into speakers but not like the speaker gurus are here @ ASR. I figured, "Hey a nice guy is buying some speakers and I'll try to give him some support." That's all. You can relax.

MarkS

Major Contributor
I wish Revel would slice the top off of the Salon 2 and offer it as a standmount:

Screenshot_20230701_214935_Chrome.jpg

OP
Astoneroad

Astoneroad

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
You want to compare them all? That's a bit more work than I'm ready for atm. :D I'm into speakers but not like the speaker gurus are here @ ASR. I figured, "Hey a nice guy is buying some speakers and I'll try to give him some support." That's all. You can relax.
Thanks for having my back Doodski... but nuthin' is gonna harsh my buzz!!! There will always be more questions than answers... kinda why we're here. I'm in Vegas, smokin' legal weed, waiting on my Salons.... I'm not second guessing anything.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Thanks for having my back Doodski... but nuthin' is gonna harsh my buzz!!! There will always be more questions than answers... kinda why we're here. I'm in Vegas, smokin' legal weed, waiting on my Salons.... I'm not second guessing anything.
Las Vegassss YeaH! I like it there. Been there 3 times for the CES paid for by API. Got a sunburn at the laser light show at a nightclub and arrived back @ the hotel at 8:30am. Was a long night.

jhaider

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I wish Revel would slice the top off of the Salon 2 and offer it as a standmount:

View attachment 296185

Gem2 is a little better than that in some ways: same MT, bigger woofer. OTOH baffle sculpting isn’t on the same level, and they only come with a wall mount. The tabletop stand and floor pedestal are both considerable extra cost for what they are, and you can’t use normal stands because the bottom is angled.

sarumbear

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I just bought a pair of new Salon 2 in wood. The dealer has been great. He's got 3 pairs left, 2 in black 1 in wood, $12k plus shipping. He only received these from Revel in the last 45 days. Mine are on the truck to me... these are my bucket list speakers... tick... tock. The owner's name is Sean, tell him you saw the posting on ASR. He's been great to deal with. https://www.iq-av.com/ I read a few post here recently that guys can't find them... so I wanted to give you a shot to get these, new, full warranty for $12K? Good Luck.
Well done. You won’t regret it. It has been 10+ years I own a pair and having demoed almost any speaker de jour, side-by-side, I still have them.

What is your amplifier. They need power!

PS. This will put an end to they are no longer manufactured palaver, I hope.

sarumbear

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

sarumbear

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
As someone who has gone in for the "speakers with amps inside them" route, what are people using as amplifiers for speakers like these?
2x AHB2 in mono

OP
Astoneroad

Astoneroad

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Well done. You won’t regret it. It has been 10+ years I own a pair and having demoed almost any speaker de jour, side-by-side, I still have them.

What is your amplifier. They need power!

PS. This will put an end to they are no longer manufactured palaver, I hope.
Thanks. Mcintosh MC7300, specs posted earlier. I talked to the store owner and he said he placed the order a long time ago and this was part of the last production run that he received 6 weeks ago. That's seems to be why this deep discount.

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
FYI $12K is the new retail price for Salon 2! Not sure what is going on there. I asked them for inventory a few weeks ago and they said there isn't any. I have email into them to find out if it is an end of life clearance or what. They are insane value at this price.

Edit: I was wrong. The price was for each unit so no official discount.

Last edited:

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I would love to have them, but they are too big for my listening room. Maybe I could divorce my wife and evict her from the den where she watches TV. That's a plan, LOL.

Top Bottom