• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

SMSL SU-9 vs D1se

JSmith

Master Contributor
I could pick them every damn time!
Great... are you able to do a test along these lines?
Maybe your D1SE was before this fix was applied;

JSmith

Mr.XO

Great... are you able to do a test along these lines?
Maybe your D1SE was before this fix was applied;

JSmith

Don't have the energy to put into any further testing, it's a done AFAIC, both are good in many ways but not exactly what I want in my system in terms of synergy and what they add / bring. Gonna return them and see if the Gustard X26 Pro would be any better.

I'm the same guy who once returned a RME-ADI and kept a Topping E30 (with the same AKM chip) as I found no diff in sound - and didn't need the awesome preamp or other features of the ADI.

JSmith

Master Contributor
Don't have the energy to put into any further testing
Fair enough... it would be nice to see some solid results on this though, as what you claim isn't the norm at all under blind testing especially with 2 very transparent DAC's such as these. Many have claimed what you have yet haven't been able to distinguish under proper test conditions.
terms of synergy
What does this mean?
Gonna return them and see if the Gustard X26 Pro would be any better.
Why not... however I don't see how you will be able to compare the Gustard to the 2 returned units if you don't have them anymore.

JSmith

Top Bottom