• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

SMSL SU-9 Balanced DAC Review

Nettuno

These are the answers from shenzhenaudio.com support:
The device you have might need get updated for the firmware,
SInce it was shipped from the FBA warehouse where stocks some updated and not updated SU-9.
we have recalled the warehouse stock, but it need some time. Because it mixed with updated and updated version.

So sorry for the inconvenience. Would you mind to ship it back for updated?

So I asked for info on shipping costs at my expense

So sorry for all the trouble.
if you wanna have an updated SU9, you could order from China warehouse.

I asked Amzaon for a refund

muslhead

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
But I don't see any defect on the su-9, it sounds good, but if you say it has a defect, I immediately return it on Amazon
It may be ok, it may not. There is no way to know unless you test it.
No one knows if the device you have has a defect so you have to make a decision for yourself.
Take some responsibility here. Its not hard

robertospeed

It may be ok, it may not. There is no way to know unless you test it.
No one knows if the device you have has a defect so you have to make a decision for yourself.
Take some responsibility here. Its not hard
How do I understand and check if my DAC has a defect ?
Is there a program to understand if my DAC has a defect?

cecelo01

Here, my SU-9 is normal in my second set. No problems were detected.

20210729_163311.jpg

20210729_163431.jpg

psm

hey what's your serial number?

The serial number does not indicate whether the unit is faulty or not.
If you have ordered from Amazon and it was delivered from their warehouse then you have a faulty unit.

Chat with Shenzhen:

1628072377710.png

Sisay

The serial number does not indicate whether the unit is faulty or not.
If you have ordered from Amazon and it was delivered from their warehouse then you have a faulty unit.

Chat with Shenzhen:
Thanks, I am making sure that I am returning this to amazon. Rather, I will never buy anything with SMSL. (return to China is not included in the game because we have stupid Polish taxes on trade with China)

muslhead

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Who should I make it test?
you cant MAKE anyone test it.
You will have to find someone to test it for you.
The people you bought it from have already told you it has been tested and is ok. Either believe them and go enjoy the dac or have it tested to put yourself at ease

robertospeed

you cant MAKE anyone test it.
You will have to find someone to test it for you.
The people you bought it from have already told you it has been tested and is ok. Either believe them and go enjoy the dac or have it tested to put yourself at ease
But I'm trying with my stereo system in RCA and I don't feel distortion, and then I'm also trying with the speakers amplified in XLR and I don't feel the distortion

Katji

Major Contributor

But I'm trying with my stereo system in RCA and I don't feel distortion, and then I'm also trying with the speakers amplified in XLR and I don't feel the distortion

So it was checked by supplier, then you have tested your way, no problem, so...
believe them and go enjoy the dac

robertospeed

So it was checked by supplier, then you have tested your way, no problem, so...
It has not been checked by the supplier, I believe that my works well because I have not felt any distortion, at least for my ear.

Dingenus

Hello, on 21-06-20 I sent my SU-9 to Shenzhen with a prepaid label that I got from Shenzhen. On 14-07 I received an answer to my question when I could expect the SU-9 back. "Hi, the DHL Shipping Label to Return to China, IT is Not Fr Address. And we received it, i will upgrade it and send you today. "Apparently they had not sent the correct address for service work. On 15-07 I received a 'track and trace'. The package then went through GB to NL. On 28-07 I received an email from Post.nl that there was no good information with the package. Since 1 July, for every package from outside the EU, declaration costs must be paid. After an explanation about the content of the package, I had to pay € 6.62. Today 05-08 the package was delivered. So it took over 6 weeks. Compliment for Shenzhen that they account for the postage costs. After so long time it is difficult to say that there is an audible difference. But previously the sound at 99 was a little hard / less transparent as at stand 60 it now seems that this has disappeared.

Veri

Master Contributor
Since 1 July, for every package from outside the EU, declaration costs must be paid. After an explanation about the content of the package, I had to pay € 6.62. Today 05-08 the package was delivered. So it took over 6 weeks. Compliment for Shenzhen that they account for the postage costs. After so long time it is difficult to say that there is an audible difference. But previously the sound at 99 was a little hard / less transparent as at stand 60 it now seems that this has disappeared.
€ 6.62, that's not a rip-off would have expected worse. Lucky :D

SHENZHENAUDIO

Dealer
Hello, on 21-06-20 I sent my SU-9 to Shenzhen with a prepaid label that I got from Shenzhen. On 14-07 I received an answer to my question when I could expect the SU-9 back. "Hi, the DHL Shipping Label to Return to China, IT is Not Fr Address. And we received it, i will upgrade it and send you today. "Apparently they had not sent the correct address for service work. On 15-07 I received a 'track and trace'. The package then went through GB to NL. On 28-07 I received an email from Post.nl that there was no good information with the package. Since 1 July, for every package from outside the EU, declaration costs must be paid. After an explanation about the content of the package, I had to pay € 6.62. Today 05-08 the package was delivered. So it took over 6 weeks. Compliment for Shenzhen that they account for the postage costs. After so long time it is difficult to say that there is an audible difference. But previously the sound at 99 was a little hard / less transparent as at stand 60 it now seems that this has disappeared.
Thanks for the update.

Top Bottom