• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

SMSL SU-9 Balanced DAC Review

marcom22

I don't know your old DAC but sure I can tell you that with the new SU-9 my Elac Dbr-62s sound better and louder than my old DX7s. Both in the highs, mids and lows. Attention it is also true that I drive my elacs with an Hypex NC502MP ;)

Sisay

I don't know your old DAC but sure I can tell you that with the new SU-9 my Elac Dbr-62s sound better and louder than my old DX7s. Both in the highs, mids and lows. Attention it is also true that I drive my elacs with an Hypex NC502MP ;)
maybe it's a matter of burn-in dac, did you burn-in yours? mine is about 4 days old

Nettuno

Pls email [email protected], thank you, we'll help to check.
Thanks, I solved it, I asked and I should have sent it to have a product repaired even knowing that the problem was already known in April ..
So looking at the useless 99 on the Display, I preferred to ask for the refund from Amazon and I will avoid SMSL products

robertospeed

I bought 3 days ago on amazon SMSL SU-9 MQA, can you tell me if it is the version that does not show defects please?

IMG_20210731_153518.jpg
IMG_20210731_155443.jpg

Last edited:

mario_rouge

I bought 3 days ago on amazon SMSL SU-9 MQA, can you tell me if it is the version that does not show defects please?

View attachment 144643View attachment 144644

after all this mess, in 4 months, they never took the defective versions off the market, so it's probably defective.
The problem is they don't replace the faulty dacs with the updated ones, you have to return your dac to Amazon and then buy another one, this is insane. I measure mine and it was defective.

robertospeed

after all this mess, in 4 months, they never took the defective versions off the market, so it's probably defective.
The problem is they don't replace the faulty dacs with the updated ones, you have to return your dac to Amazon and then buy another one, this is insane. I measure mine and it was defective.
But is mine defective? Because I haven't tried to XLR yet, it works well in RCA.
But is the defect only in XLR that emits buzz?

Sisay

maybe smsl kindly write from what serial number is everything ok?
I don't know why they make such a secret of it

Top Bottom