• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

SMSL DL200 the best ever value DAC/AMP?

nerdemoji

Apparently SMSL has a new product called the DL200 that is selling on AliExpress for 190 USD shipped. I thought that the C200 was ridiculous value but this seems... even better, its got apparently twice the HPA power, newer chip, bigger display, and basically all the technical specs you you would want. I am on the market for a DAC/AMP. Should I get it from AliExpress? Is that reputable in any way? Also I dont think anyone else is selling this product beside AliExpress. Also, if I do end up getting it, is it worth sending to Amir for review?

staticV3

Master Contributor
Should I get it from AliExpress? Is that reputable in any way? Also I dont think anyone else is selling this product beside AliExpress.
You can think of AliExpress like eBay.
It's a platform on which brands can create a store and sell things.

AliExpress does not sell anything.
It's the individual stores on AliExpress that sell stuff and that can have good or bad reputation.

The store that's selling the DL200 on AliExpress seems to be very reputable:
Screenshot_20230725-214013_Chrome.png
https://smsl.aliexpress.com/store/feedback-score/3135026.html

Still, if you'd rather not buy via AliExpress, then I can tell you that before long, the DL200 should also become available on Amazon, Linsoul, Audiophonics, HiFiGo, etc.

Last edited:

delta76

Major Contributor
Apparently SMSL has a new product called the DL200 that is selling on AliExpress for 190 USD shipped. I thought that the C200 was ridiculous value but this seems... even better, its got apparently twice the HPA power, newer chip, bigger display, and basically all the technical specs you you would want. I am on the market for a DAC/AMP. Should I get it from AliExpress? Is that reputable in any way? Also I dont think anyone else is selling this product beside AliExpress. Also, if I do end up getting it, is it worth sending to Amir for review?
I bought quite many stuffs from aliexpress. Check the store that sells the stuff. If they have high rating and the item is sold a lot, then it might be ok.

Accept two things when buying from aliexpress. Long waiting time, and basically no support or warranty. If your item is lost or DOA you might be able to get refund (buy the shipping insurance), but after that you are on your own.

For cheap things that might be 50% cheaper than amazon yes it might be worth it. But if it is only 20% cheaper, while still a significant amount, you might want to reconsider

TonyJZX

Major Contributor
you can try hifi express... they are a typical offivcial outfit with all the good and bad, mostly bad

this is an interesting device but as usual it has no synergies with the AL200

makes the d6 and esp. the su6 obsolete

i'm guessing they make a completely analog integrated amp out of this same case to match... i suspect with trs too

Bleib

Major Contributor
Hifiexpress has units in France again

Reactions: pdb

Bleib

Major Contributor
oh boy

jaatre

This unit seems to be the best bang for buck with the latest dac chip at the moment..

Although I'm not expecting any change is SQ, the value for money factor is what's making things exciting. Hope someone reviews it asap.

jaatre

Would be great to see this reviewed along with SMSL M300 SE
Isn't the HP amp on the M300 SE weak?

Only the DAC mode can be compared with the DL200. And again, suspecting negligible difference in SQ between them ;)

soerenssen

Addicted to Fun and Learning
No 12V trigger, but not really of an issue for me.
What would be a good pre-amp pairing for this and a NCx500?

Last edited:

luxpiotr

Does DL200 has auto standby function (auto switch off/on)? Second is it have volume lvl memory after completly power off? I dont wat to blow up powered speakers (or myself) :)

thiccy_mous3

Really hoping Amir reviews this soon. I am very interested in buying it, but can’t find reviews anywhere.

TonyJZX

Major Contributor
is this the cheapest dac w/ ES9039Q2M?

Veri

Master Contributor
is this the cheapest dac w/ ES9039Q2M?
Yupp but there are very few out so far, anyways.

I came across some posts by @IVX about 9039 and 9039Q2M here though. Putting into question it's much better than 9038 series.

JSmith

Master Contributor
I am very interested in buying it, but can’t find reviews anywhere.
Have you seen the AP measurements by SMSL on their site?

JSmith

Veri

Master Contributor
Also, I expect many mobile devices to use the older 9028Q2M and 9038Q2M, the new 9039Q2M chip is simply quite a bit bigger in size:

202307141024555939.jpg

thiccy_mous3

Have you seen the AP measurements by SMSL on their site?

JSmith
I guess what I really want to know is if it will be as good as a dx3 pro+. I have that now and it makes my headphones sound better than ever before, but it can’t deal with my tv’s jittery optical out. I need something in the same price range with the same quality that has dpll adjustment for jitter.

Top Bottom