• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Simplicity...

DonR

Major Contributor
Isn't that what ChatGPT is for?
;)
Unconventional Elevation: A Sonic Revelation with Unique Speaker Stands

In the pursuit of audio nirvana, audiophiles often explore uncharted territories to elevate their listening experience. The latest addition to my quest for sonic perfection comes in the form of a discreet yet transformative accessory: a pair of avant-garde speaker stands that defy convention.

Crafted with an innovative design that belies their humble appearance, these speaker stands introduce an unprecedented level of stereo separation and soundstage enhancement. Without divulging their unconventional origins, these stands have proven to be the unsung heroes of my audio setup.

The most striking improvement these stands bring to the table is the widened stereo image. The speakers, seemingly floating in mid-air, cast a sonic landscape that extends far beyond the physical boundaries of my room. The previously confined soundstage has now blossomed into a three-dimensional panorama, enveloping the listener in a cocoon of meticulously placed audio cues.

Instrumental clarity reaches new heights as each note finds its distinct place within the expanded sonic canvas. The stands' contribution to imaging precision is nothing short of revolutionary; the once-blurred boundaries between instruments now boast razor-sharp definition, allowing for an unparalleled level of musical immersion.

Moreover, the bass response undergoes a subtle yet profound transformation. The stands, acting as silent conductors, facilitate a more controlled and articulate low-frequency reproduction. The result is a bass presence that is not only felt but also discerned with precision, adding depth to the overall listening experience.

While these stands remain discreet and unassuming, their impact on my audio system is undeniable. They elevate the listening experience to a level that transcends the ordinary, unveiling a sonic richness that was previously untapped. In the audiophile's quest for perfection, it seems that sometimes, unconventional choices lead to extraordinary revelations.

FrantzM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

In the pursuit of audio nirvana, audiophiles often explore uncharted territories to elevate their listening experience. The latest addition to my quest for sonic perfection comes in the form of a discreet yet transformative accessory: a pair of avant-garde speaker stands that defy convention.

Crafted with an innovative design that belies their humble appearance, these speaker stands introduce an unprecedented level of stereo separation and soundstage enhancement. Without divulging their unconventional origins, these stands have proven to be the unsung heroes of my audio setup.

The most striking improvement these stands bring to the table is the widened stereo image. The speakers, seemingly floating in mid-air, cast a sonic landscape that extends far beyond the physical boundaries of my room. The previously confined soundstage has now blossomed into a three-dimensional panorama, enveloping the listener in a cocoon of meticulously placed audio cues.

Instrumental clarity reaches new heights as each note finds its distinct place within the expanded sonic canvas. The stands' contribution to imaging precision is nothing short of revolutionary; the once-blurred boundaries between instruments now boast razor-sharp definition, allowing for an unparalleled level of musical immersion.

Moreover, the bass response undergoes a subtle yet profound transformation. The stands, acting as silent conductors, facilitate a more controlled and articulate low-frequency reproduction. The result is a bass presence that is not only felt but also discerned with precision, adding depth to the overall listening experience.

While these stands remain discreet and unassuming, their impact on my audio system is undeniable. They elevate the listening experience to a level that transcends the ordinary, unveiling a sonic richness that was previously untapped. In the audiophile's quest for perfection, it seems that sometimes, unconventional choices lead to extraordinary revelations.
Auditioning for a reviewer gig at TAS or S'Phile??

Peace.

Snarfie

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I the category a good sound does not have to be expensive I scored yesterday in a thrift store a Bose Wave Soundtouch for just 10,- euro including the Wifi dockingstation. It was laying there for 2 weeks whitout remote control so they can't do anything with showing this thing off. Only when powering this thing On a cd came out (Dutch pianist Jan Vayne) that you could play on minimum sound volume that you can't increase or decrease. I could not resist to buy this Orphen. :facepalm:
Came home found out you could buy for less than 5,- a Remote control but also found out that a similar android infrared Remote control app could be downloaded for Free . Than the Bose came Alive perfect for down stairs to listen occasionally to music with a surprising full sound. Included AM, FM, DAB radio an streaming services using the Soundtouch app which i still have to master :cool: Remarkable sound for this size. The Missis is quite happy too has lots of WAF. Guess who did the fashionista placement :facepalm:
IMG-20240114-WA0003.jpeg

Jan Vayne

Last edited:

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
I the category a good sound does not have to be expensive I scored yesterday in a thrift store a Bose Wave Soundtouch for just 10,- euro including the Wifi dockingstation. It was laying there for 2 weeks whitout remote control so they can't do anything with showing this thing off. Only when powering this thing On a cd came out (Dutch pianist Jan Vayne) that you could play on minimum sound volume that you can't increase or decrease. I could not resist to buy this Orphen. :facepalm:
Came home found out you could buy for less than 5,- a Remote control but also found out that a similar android infrared Remote control app could be downloaded for Free . Than the Bose came Alive perfect for down stairs to listen occasionally to music with a surprising full sound. Included AM, FM, DAB radio an streaming services using the Soundtouch app which i still have to master :cool: Remarkable sound for this size. The Missis is quite happy too has lots of WAF. Guess who did the fashionista placement :facepalm:View attachment 341978
Jan Vayne
I like your table, too.

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

200w.gif

DonR

Major Contributor
Came home found out you could buy for less than 5,- a Remote control but also found out that a similar android infrared Remote control app could be downloaded for Free . Than the Bose came Alive perfect for down stairs to listen occasionally to music with a surprising full sound. Included AM, FM, DAB radio an streaming services using the Soundtouch app which i still have to master :cool: Remarkable sound for this size. The Missis is quite happy too has lots of WAF. Guess who did the fashionista placement :facepalm:View attachment 341978
Jan Vayne
What!?!?!? No measurements? Room treatment? PAH! Seriously though, nice find. Mini systems at my local thrift store go for $40+ and usually are also missing the remote.

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
I particularly like that the bass transformation is simultaneously "subtle yet profound".
Well...
Personally, I'd be looking for stands that delivered profoundly subtle bass transformation -- or, at the least, bass which is subtle in its profundity.

:cool:

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I particularly like that the bass transformation is simultaneously "subtle yet profound".
It's language only audiophiles with the most resolving systems can understand.

Snarfie

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Tt
I like your table, too.
Table is from my late mother in law sort of shrine with here picture on it. But guess what when the Bose came it's replaced the picture but not by me:facepalm: The rest of the room is quite contemporary.

Last edited:

Snarfie

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
What!?!?!? No measurements? Room treatment? PAH! Seriously though, nice find. Mini systems at my local thrift store go for $40+ and usually are also missing the remote.
The Vandies corrected by dsp room correction are in the attic/mancave for serious listening. ;)

Snarfie

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I assume you did NOT pick those up at your local thrift store.
The Vandies not the IMF Compact II monitors in the back i bought for 7,50. With the original KEF 27T tweeters.

Attachments

• IMG_20231014_195145.jpg
    IMG_20231014_195145.jpg
    216.3 KB · Views: 39

DonR

Major Contributor
The Vandies not the IMF Compact II monitors in the back i bought for 7,50. With the original KEF 27T tweeters.
Amazing! Even the cheapest garbage speakers here are a minimum $30. I think the age of bargains at thrift stores has now passed for me although I did pick up a UMI 500W 120V-100V stepdown transformer for $6 the other day. Perfect for the Japanese imports. My best bargain was a working SAE5000A Noise Reduction System (i.e click and pop remover for a turntable). $5 purchase, $100 resale after cleaning.

Snarfie

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Amazing! Even the cheapest garbage speakers here are a minimum $30. I think the age of bargains at thrift stores has now passed for me although I did pick up a UMI 500W 120V-100V stepdown transformer for $6 the other day. Perfect for the Japanese imports. My best bargain was a working SAE5000A Noise Reduction System (i.e click and pop remover for a turntable). $5 purchase, $100 resale after cleaning.
Basicly those thrift stores are mand by good willing fulenteers who has no specific audio gear knowledge. But speakers like 50 years old lMF monitors are sitting there sometimes for weeks or months. One of the reasons they were sold in the 70ties 80ties massively here in Holland so lots supply an yonger people rather want to buy shiny KRK or Adam monitors. But Vandersteen speakers are realy rare an go for premium prices used IF you could find any.

Last edited:

BobbyTimmons

Basement system...

Used to be my main system but now resides in the basement where I can jam along with either electric guitar, acoustic guitar or harmonica... MCS 3842 (Technics), JVC XL-V151 CD player (early 90s), Fisher 10 band EQ, Speakerlab 1s and some Celestion Ditton 110s with replaced drivers (good quality). Also a Carver C-9 for fun. That system puts out some music but is a bit much for the living room. Was going to mount the TV on the wall behind it and then run TV sound through it as well but never got that far with the TV. Woofers in the modified Ditton 110s are Allison and the tweeters are M&K (Vifa)...

The lowly MCS 3842 has no problem driving those four speakers to some loud levels.

View attachment 341497
That's what real audiophilia is about. Putting together a working system, use crates for speaker stands, kick back and enjoy the music.

Punter

Can't remember the actual maker but an old friend of mine picked up some very high-end speakers from a thrift store here in Wollongong where we live.

OP
C

coonmanx

Simplicity is one thing, your wire management and speaker stands another.....bravo, tho :)
The speaker stands are functional. The wires that you see in the bedroom system are mainly antenna wires for the tuners that I really don't use. Put the stack together and then the college radio station that I used to listen to pretty much went away (no more music). Wire seen on the right hand side is a T made out of speaker wire, sort of just resting on top of the stack. I should probably get rid of the tuners but can't bring myself to go there yet.

Not a lot of wires in the living room system. Basically just a cable going from the portable CD player into the amp and then two small speaker wires to the speakers. However, the roommate has various wires hooked up and there is a bit of a rat"s nest in how he did that stuff. I do like the crates for speaker stands because they can also be used for a bit of storage. Works well.

Basement system used to be the main system. That stereo cabinet has seen better days but it still functions. Milk crates don't look the best but again are functional. I need to get down there and do some jamming one of these days. Got to break in the new Chinese Strat copy guitar that I bought brand new for all of $62. LOL. Was also going to hang a TV on the wall there and pipe the sound into the system but that project stalled and right now is not happening or even a priority. Oh well... Also, the basement is freezing cold at the moment.

Top Bottom