• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Show Us Your Headphone Stand

Paperdragons

What are you all using for a headphone stand when your headphones are not in use? Show us a picture...

I'm looking for a headphone stand that will not deform the fit or pads of my headphones. (Audeze LCD-3 and Focal Clear)

Thanks,
Martin

My thinking is a soft memory foam or styrofoam angled block would be the best solution. It would mitigate the pad degradation we see with long-term stands without relying completely on the suspension strap. The suspension strap will still wear down (especially with LCDs) but that's relatively replaceable with audeze selling the replacement parts.

I honestly keep my LCDs in their pelican case when not in use. Currently have my modified Ether CX out and I just put them on the carpet under my desk when I'm being lazy. It's unlikely I figure it cause's less gravity strain on leather suspension bands and pads over time. I tend to prefer carrying cases for storage in general. I also have cats so headphone stands are dangerous.

Paperdragons

I like that solution. It elevates headphones to the level of fine art, which is really where they belong.

Or a head in a glass via Futurama ;P
1594882279456.png

Top Bottom