• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Show Us Your Headphone Stand

smallcaps

44532059_544275886028171_8636903648880252388_n.jpg

Illtrick

<$20 for both of them. The tapered section works really well for coiling wire.

Image from iOS (2).jpg
Image from iOS (1).jpg

Last edited:

David E.

Saw something similar that a guy made with shelving he bought in a store. I just picked up a 1x10x8, cut it in half, stained and sanded it, added the headphone hangers and then put it up on the office wall.

Attachments

• IMG_20200707_153209.jpg
    IMG_20200707_153209.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 175

Racheski

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Added knobs for wrapping the cord:
View attachment 72468
View attachment 72469

Martin
Looks Great! Nice work. Now all you have to do is sell them for 400 Euro and do a little selling:
"Custom designed, this limited edition piece of art was created to further enhance the joy and passion of headphone stands. Meticulous craftmanship combined with inspired ingenuity coalesce into a stand that is truly an audiophile's dream." (headphones not included)

jhm

Forum Donor
I just realised that my new headphones (Empyrean) don't fit well at all on my headphone stand (shown above in this thread). Due to the headphones' sockets being lower down, the cable coming out of the right hand side plug is pushed right against the headphone stand - not good at all! So I have just ordered another headphone stand which hopefully won't have this problem.

It also occurred to me that if dust gets inside the headphones, it will presumably be impossible to clean without sending it back to the manufacturer ? So I looked for a headphone stand cover but apart from a Stax cover (which I didn't like because it's transparent and I want something to also block UV light), I couldn't find anything else. In the end, I have gone for a kitchen mixer cover (!) from Etsy but chose a design with birds rather than (e.g.) cupcakes:

il_1588xN.2251118160_ngyh.jpg

jhm

Forum Donor
I think the best ones let the headphone hang free from a wide support to distribute the weight on the head band/strap/pad and leave the earpads uncompressed.

For me, the problem with those stands is that the insides of the ear cups are exposed at an angle which makes it easy for dust to settle inside (which is particularly a problem if the drivers are exposed through a grille or mesh without having, e.g., a fabric protecting them).

Racheski

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I just realised that my new headphones (Empyrean) don't fit well at all on my headphone stand (shown above in this thread). Due to the headphones' sockets being lower down, the cable coming out of the right hand side plug is pushed right against the headphone stand - not good at all! So I have just ordered another headphone stand which hopefully won't have this problem.

It also occurred to me that if dust gets inside the headphones, it will presumably be impossible to clean without sending it back to the manufacturer ? So I looked for a headphone stand cover but apart from a Stax cover (which I didn't like because it's transparent and I want something to also block UV light), I couldn't find anything else. In the end, I have gone for a kitchen mixer cover (!) from Etsy but chose a design with birds rather than (e.g.) cupcakes:

il_1588xN.2251118160_ngyh.jpg
Now I'm paranoid about dust. How can dust get into the headphones that you wouldn't be able to clean with some compressed air?

jhm

Forum Donor
Now I'm paranoid about dust. How can dust get into the headphones that you wouldn't be able to clean with some compressed air?

I'm just concerned that dust can get in (either through the grille on the outside or the inside), stick to the driver and may not be easily shifted by compressed air? The Empyrean seems more exposed than other open back headphones which I have (e.g. LCD-1):

https://www.hear.reviews/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/Meze_Empyrene-D75_8879.jpg

https://www.hear.reviews/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/Meze_Empyrene-D75_8875.jpg

Or am I being concerned about nothing and compressed air will be fine (and won't damage the driver's membrane which I'd understood is very delicate/thin) ?

(I have a pair of very old HD580s where the foam insert inside the ear cup deteriorated over time and some bits stuck to the driver. A friend tried to use some compressed air to dislodge them but he said he couldn't totally do it because there were still some bits stuck and he didn't want to blast the compressed air too much at the driver.)

Berwhale

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Reactions: jhm
Top Bottom