• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Show us your Cars

Suffolkhifinut

Major Contributor
We can get in and out of it without dislocating a hip. Oh and it’s nice to sit in and drive, if you don’t view cars like this you are not as old as us?

756F9635-D9DC-4288-9917-BDE241FCA355.jpeg
8EC8608A-EA81-483A-B373-9371D23D3491.jpeg

Frank Dernie

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
We can get in and out of it without dislocating a hip. Oh and it’s nice to sit in and drive, if you don’t view cars like this you are not as old as us?

View attachment 247768View attachment 247769
I spent my whole career trying to make cars more efficient so SUVs are anathema to me, un-aerodynamic and heavy and relatively poor handling,
Mind you, they are easy to get into and the high viewing position is nice but overall not my cup of tea at all.
I am 72

mglobe

Forum Donor
Cross Turismo, yes. My most frequent passenger is my dog :)

My wife has family in Lux and Germany. She loves cars as much as I do, and we both have fallen in love with the Euro wagons. We drive a 328D wagon as our main daily. Sadly BMW has stopped importing wagons just as they brought out an M3 version. :-/

BTW, she drives the race car too, but she won’t sit and listen to my stereo. :-(

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I had much the same opinion of SUV's that Frank Dernie does. Never wanted one....period. I did in recent years acquire one mid-size SUV. Needed it to transport people even older than me. Step in, step out, just general ergonomics for public highway use is actually outstanding. I to my great surprise fell in love with it.

Now I do keep two sports cars and can have the kind of engaging car when it is just me. I don't know if it is just getting old or what. It rather strikes me now as a matter or my real use and needs the sports cars are the goofy idea. Sort of trying to shoe horn a track car into daily driver use. Actually kind of foolish thinking I've had for so long. Sports cars are still much more fun, but as much as I'd like to think otherwise, fun driving is a rather minority part of my transportation needs. Increasingly poorly maintained roads, everyone else driving a giant tall truck, and too much traffic mean an SUV or Crossover is the smart choice. At least around where I live.

Also serious sports cars now have far too much performance for getting the best of them on public roads. My Miata is a good sports car more so than some supercar.

mglobe

Forum Donor
I had much the same opinion of SUV's that Frank Dernie does. Never wanted one....period. I did in recent years acquire one mid-size SUV. Needed it to transport people even older than me. Step in, step out, just general ergonomics for public highway use is actually outstanding. I to my great surprise fell in love with it.

Now I do keep two sports cars and can have the kind of engaging car when it is just me. I don't know if it is just getting old or what. It rather strikes me now as a matter or my real use and needs the sports cars are the goofy idea. Sort of trying to shoe horn a track car into daily driver use. Actually kind of foolish thinking I've had for so long. Sports cars are still much more fun, but as much as I'd like to think otherwise, fun driving is a rather minority part of my transportation needs. Increasingly poorly maintained roads, everyone else driving a giant tall truck, and too much traffic mean an SUV or Crossover is the smart choice. At least around where I live.

Also serious sports cars now have far too much performance for getting the best of them on public roads. My Miata is a good sports car more so than some supercar.
I started out club racing Porsches. I ended up pro racing MX5's. I was the back marker in the pros, but still had fun. Miata Is Always The Answer!

Ken1951

Addicted to Fun and Learning

We also have both a mid-size SUV and a Miata. Wife has owned one since 2001. One vehicle for the dog, trips to the nursery, bad weather, and highway trips. Miata usually not driven in the rain and her rule for top-down is 40 degrees and above! Wonderful car.

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
We also have both a mid-size SUV and a Miata. Wife has owned one since 2001. One vehicle for the dog, trips to the nursery, bad weather, and highway trips. Miata usually not driven in the rain and her rule for top-down is 40 degrees and above! Wonderful car.
My rule is a bit more complex. 40 to 85 degrees in the daytime and 40 and above 1 hour prior to sunset or later.

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Decisions...! Decisions...!
As gorgeous as that Porsche 911 Turbo [? Year?] Red Sled is... I think I will continue to drool over that (partial) Ford GT to the right of it!
Sorry! No Offense!:facepalm:

But the one that will spank both the Porsche/Ford is that black thang on the left... on/off track and/or bang-for-the-buck: Yes?

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
17 ½ months after order and deposit:
Great news!
We can finally stop hearing Dernie whining about the delays!o_O;)
202212_DernieTaycan.png

These intricate wheels must be something special from Porsche: They are quite unlike anything I've seen shod on them before.
Is that color what Porsche calls the "Mamba Green Metallic"?
Can you please skool us on the proper pronunciation of Taycan? (Teyken? Taikan? Taikuhn? Whut?)

mglobe

Forum Donor
Decisions...! Decisions...!
As gorgeous as that Porsche 911 Turbo [? Year?] Red Sled is... I think I will continue to drool over that (partial) Ford GT to the right of it!
Sorry! No Offense!:facepalm:

But the one that will spank both the Porsche/Ford is that black thang on the left... on/off track and/or bang-for-the-buck: Yes?
91 Turbo. And yes the Ford is a beauty. The black car just isn’t my style regardless of its capabilities.

Top Bottom