• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Show us your bicycles!

Zensō

Major Contributor
Rivendell Sam Hillborne

4D84A0CF-E4F4-4C83-9147-CFE5B7800DEB.jpeg

05D36353-B150-43F2-A6B9-AD53BB1029EE.jpeg

48BCC8C1-66FE-4829-A795-78EC98A8C36C.jpeg

julian_hughes

Addicted to Fun and Learning

julian_hughes

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Actually, ignoring the colours and decoration and styling then perhaps that geometry does put me in mind of a very old school delivery bike. But they were always black and boring.

Somafunk

Major Contributor
Rivendell Sam Hillborne

Love Rivendell and the ethos behind the company, grant is a genuine bike obsessed character.

Zensō

Major Contributor
How does that ride? Usually when you see such a big head tube it's because the rider is well over 6' but that doesn't look like an especially big frame. The geometry is extremely relaxed and the saddle is well forward. I've never seen a design like this before. Does it work?
Yes. It’s extremely comfortable and stable.

The head tube is tall to facilitate raising the handlebars higher. Think Dutch bike.

Last edited:

Zensō

Major Contributor
Actually, ignoring the colours and decoration and styling then perhaps that geometry does put me in mind of a very old school delivery bike. But they were always black and boring.
The geometry is well within the norm for old school touring bikes like the 80’s era Trek 720 and Bruce Gordon, and the more recent Surly LHT.

Last edited:

Somafunk

Major Contributor
Nice to see it fitted with paul component neo retro brakes - they’ve got phenomenal braking power but very well modulated, are they nitto bars? - my Tripster had Paul’s love levers and QR skewers, having nice components on bikes just made me smile every time I rode.

I see Rene Herse hammered mudguards as well, very classy bike :)

Zensō

Major Contributor
Nice to see it fitted with paul component neo retro brakes - they’ve got phenomenal braking power but very well modulated, are they nitto bars? - my Tripster had Paul’s love levers and QR skewers, having nice components on bikes just made me smile every time I rode.

I see Rene Herse hammered mudguards as well, very classy bike :)
Hey thanks. I really enjoyed your photos, saw some great parts and the cranks were a new one for me.

Yeah, the Paul stuff is amazing. I’ve been speccing his parts from the early days on my mountain bikes, and then commuters and touring/city bikes over the years. I’m working on a Velo Orange Pass Hunter build for my daughter and I’ll most likely outfit it with the Paul flat mount Klampers.

The bars are the Nitto Losco, designed by Blue Lug as a low-rise version of the Riv designed Bosco bar (low + Bosco = Losco).

The mudguards are actually Honjo, but they’re essentially the same as the Rene Herse (I believe Honjo may make the Rene Herse mudguards?).

Paul Canti Levers:

95453BCD-19F0-4967-B9E8-70DE157A488D.jpeg

Last edited:

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
How does that ride? Usually when you see such a big head tube it's because the rider is well over 6' but that doesn't look like an especially big frame. The geometry is extremely relaxed and the saddle is well forward. I've never seen a design like this before. Does it work?
That's a large head tube?

Zensō

Major Contributor
Sorry, never saw a need even with a bike ridden within a city a lot....just extra baggage.
City bikes in most every country where bicycles are used for primary transportation have kickstands. It’s like having a parking brake in your car or kickstand for your motorcycle.

6E08B8B1-E7D6-4C49-99CB-7612F1338E33.jpeg

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
There’s a whole world of interesting and useful bikes outside of the mainstream road/racing, mountain, and “gravel“ genres.
More that I'm of very average height :) I've a 58 road frame, but it's a tad large. I use "large" mountain bike frames generally because the smaller size has more issues for me.

Zensō

Major Contributor
More that I'm of very average height :) I've a 58 road frame, but it's a tad large. I use "large" mountain bike frames generally because the smaller size has more issues for me.
Gotcha. My point was that one person’s “freakish” is another person‘s “unusual looking, but smartly designed to meet a specific goal”. :)

Top Bottom