• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Shenzhenaudio Topping EX5 Review (DAC and Headphone Amplifier)

gmoney

Was the mini review deleted, I think it was quite interesting, his post in here and the other thread are gone?

I joined just to point out the review/summary of deficiencies in components going missing miraculously is super shady. No offense to this place but the bigger it gets the harder it becomes preventing it from being a manufacturers advertisment platform that in turn controls what's said about products.

cestmoi

...but the bigger it gets the harder it becomes preventing it from being a manufacturers advertisment platform that in turn controls what's said about products.

That's my feeling too.

Besides it, the mini review is far more revealing than any of the so-called 'objective' measurements published here.

In addition, with such a disappearance, this topic seems to be aimed at praising the Ex5.

Berwhale

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Besides it, the mini review is far more revealing than any of the so-called 'objective' measurements published here.

Please explain 'more revealing'. If you believe that the measurments are not objective, please explain what leads you to this conclusion.

Berwhale

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I joined just to point out the review/summary of deficiencies in components going missing miraculously is super shady. No offense to this place but the bigger it gets the harder it becomes preventing it from being a manufacturers advertisment platform that in turn controls what's said about products.

Welcome to ASR. I think that there is some truth in your second statement. As ASR gains more promenance there is certainly the risk of manufacturers seeking to leverage this for ther own benefit. However, i've seen not evidence of this occuring and where there has been a suggestion of this is the past, steps have been taken to mitigate this risk (e.g. independantly sourcing equipment for test).

MNMLSM

I noticed it went missing too. Did you post that review?

I don't think so, if I remember it correctly it was a user with about 4 or 5 posts in total.
While I appreciate this forum and I have to say this one of the best forums I've ever experienced in terms of respectful interactions, I find it quite irritating too.
I also feel like there are tensions between some users who are manufacturers, which is kind of natural. The review was definitely written by someone who had quite some experience in this field. I wouldn't be surprised if a direct competitor would write such a review with an unknown account. But even if that would be the case, I don't think it would be justified to remove it. The review was objective to me, no bashing and also referring to deficits of the unit and in addition some words what he would have done differently.

I would love to see a short statement of an admin, I can't imagine that somebody makes such a great effort of writing a review (in two threads) and deletes everything afterwards. Right now it really makes the impression like the big guy said to the other big guy: "I don't like this it hurts my sales, please remove this" and it disappeared.

usern

Right now it really makes the impression like the big guy said to the other big guy: "I don't like this it hurts my sales, please remove this" and it disappeared.
I bought D30pro instead (still Topping) because of that review and what it said about EX5 XLR outputs.

gmoney

I noticed it went missing too. Did you post that review?

Nope wasn't me. I feel as though if there were any false claims in the users post that got deleted, the guy who represents Topping here could have addressed it. The way it's gone down really gives the impression that somebody is burying negative press toward the product and really makes me question this place as a whole lately.

Walderstorn

Was the mini review deleted, I think it was quite interesting, his post in here and the other thread are gone?

It was indeed removed and its kind of "worrying" how it would just disappear like that since it wasn't a review bashing the product but rather analysing it and showing its characteristics (more than shortcomings).

That's my feeling too.

In addition, with such a disappearance, this topic seems to be aimed at praising the Ex5.

I agree completely.

Last edited:

JohnYang1997

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Audio Company
Nope wasn't me. I feel as though if there were any false claims in the users post that got deleted, the guy who represents Topping here could have addressed it. The way it's gone down really gives the impression that somebody is burying negative press toward the product and really makes me question this place as a whole lately.
? Is it really going that direction again. The person was banned and had been banned several times on different accounts. The ban is issued by the moderator.

There's no need to address anything. All the said stuff are 20% truth 80% lie. Addressing them will only make uninformed people worry more. The design is tested to perform well without any issue in the real world. When the design doesn't match the expectation doesn't mean it bad or has potential issues. He simply couldn't understand.

Last edited:

Walderstorn

That could be but he didn't say that the product wouldn't perform, although he mentioned some less than good jitter measurements, cheap components and such, nothing really bad persay.

JohnYang1997

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Audio Company
That could be but he didn't say that the product wouldn't perform, although he mentioned some less than good jitter measurements.
Your reply exactly shows the issue caused by such "review". Because it's mixed truth with implications and unanswered questions, you will only get confused instead of getting a good idea of how things are. The device is measured as shown in the review by Amir and Wolf. If you have any questions on the measurements you can simply ask.

Walderstorn

Wouldnt it be just a case of replying "your measurements show x but here are other measurements, from different people" and then addressing the other point characteristics? I guess it is because of what u mentioned here:

The person was banned and had been banned several times on different accounts.

Anyway I find it weird since he didn't actually bash the product in anyway, at least in my eyes, but its said and done.

JohnYang1997

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Audio Company
Wouldnt it be just a case of replying "your measurements show x but here are other measurements, from different people" and then addressing the other point characteristics? I guess it is because of what u mentioned here:

Anyway I find it weird since he didn't actually bash the product in anyway, at least in my eyes, but its said and done.
The ban has little to do with what he said. Formerly banned member can't make a new account and come back. You may ask moderators for policies.

What I explained was for the fact I didn't address his post.

Two different things.

Gudfala

I use my PC primarily for gaming and as a digital audio workstation. Could I use the balanced XLRs in this for my powered monitors and ditch my audio interface?

WoodyLuvr

? Is it really going that direction again. The person was banned and had been banned several times on different accounts. The ban is issued by the moderator.

There's no need to address anything. All the said stuff are 20% truth 80% lie. Addressing them will only make uninformed people worry more. The design is tested to perform well without any issue in the real world. When the design doesn't match the expectation doesn't mean it bad or has potential issues. He simply couldn't understand.
With all due respect, you need to stay out of this one John or you may run the risk of tarnishing a rather stand-up reputation. You are not a moderator nor even a fellow forum member at this moment as in this particular case you would be regarded by many as being the manufacturer with having both a "bias" and "agenda" no matter how noble those may be. Please remember your place mate as this (these) type(s) of response(s) will only be misinterpreted and twisted against you. Use the "report" tool and allow the board owner, admins, and moderators to handle as accordingly.

Last edited:

JohnYang1997

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Audio Company
With all due respect, you need to stay out of this one John or you may run the risk of tarnishing a rather stand-up reputation. You are not a moderator nor even a fellow forum member at this moment as in this particular case you would be regarded by many as being the manufacturer with having both a "bias" and "agenda" no matter how noble those may be. Please remember your place mate as this (these) types of responses will only be misinterpreted. Use the "report" tool and allow the board owner, admins, and moderators to handle as accordingly.
Maybe you could read again? The explanations are only for the fact I didn't address his review.

Top Bottom