• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Sabaj A5 and A8 announced

OP
antcollinet

antcollinet

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I just bought two Sabaj A8s to be used in BTL configuration to drive two Elac DBR62s. I paid € 470 for both of them and i should have a 250w amp per channel. I will do a review for you as soon as possible.
Interesting - the mode I would be most interested in. I look forward to your review. Do you have the equipment to do any measurements?

daniboun

Major Contributor

I own a Dual Mono Pascal amplifier which is supposed to be better than the Icepower modules.
Pascal Audio is another Danish amplifier module company. It was actually founded by a group of ex-ICEpower people

The Pascal sounds good but quite flat in overall listening ... I would be curious to see how the A8 sounds...

Last edited:

mario_rouge

I own a Dual Mono Pascal amplifier which is supposed to be better than the Icepower modules.
Pascal Audio is another Danish amplifier module company. It was actually founded by a group of ex-ICEpower people

The Pascal sounds good but quite flat in overall listening ... I would be curious to see how the A8 sounds...

in the end i chose the sabaj a8 for the price. I hope they sound good and that the icepower modules have been well implemented. Waiting for a review from Amir!

daniboun

Major Contributor
As reminder,

Measurements of the ICEPower 125ASX2 :

mario_rouge

It would be interesting to understand how much the SINAD values will measure compared to the Yamaha WXA50 that is based on 125asx2 too.

OP
antcollinet

antcollinet

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
It would be interesting to understand how much the SINAD values will measure compared to the Yamaha WXA50 that is based on 125asx2 too.
For the amp stage, it will probably be very similar, unless one of the designs has a poor implementation - such as a poor input buffer/preamp, or poor layout causing crosstalk from power supply or preamp modules.

However, the yamaha also includes a DAC and a bunch of network hardware. So imact of that will need to be considered also.

OP
antcollinet

antcollinet

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

Sabaj A8 Icepower 125w*125w power amplifier​

Sabaj uses a new design on A8 , using high-grade aluminum alloy.Good sense of this shell
Hi Peter Wen,
As stated by the comments above, could you PLEASE send one in to Amirm for testing (BTL mode).

I think that for SABAJ to use two bridged mono ICEpower 125ASX2 modules, is a stroke of genius in marketing a well established amp board, that has measured very well and also at a very reasonable price considering the high Watts output power available, as far as I know it's a first to have the bridged mono option available to the non DIY consumers.
I for one am very tempted to buy two, I've done the sums and I can't see anything that comes close as an overall package.

Looking forward to the review.
Cheers.

I just bought two Sabaj A8s to be used in BTL configuration to drive two Elac DBR62s. I paid € 470 for both of them and i should have a 250w amp per channel. I will do a review for you as soon as possible.
Hi Mario,
After you have spent some time with your new amplifiers, could you Please let us know about your impressions, such as build quality, noise at max volume with the signal paused, the "tactile" feel of the volume pots (also any noise as you turn up the volume) and feel of the switches,
Plus the overall sound - such as dynamics and bass control, especially considering the amount of power that is available, the overall musical presentation and tonality, especially on vocals, obviously when comparing to any other amplifiers you may have.
I understand to a certain degree these sound impressions are dependent on the overall systems synergy, so it is subjective at certain points, but for most of us that is all we have, given we aren't electrical engineers with an audio analyzer at hand.
Cheers.

mario_rouge

Hi Peter Wen,
As stated by the comments above, could you PLEASE send one in to Amirm for testing (BTL mode).

I think that for SABAJ to use two bridged mono ICEpower 125ASX2 modules, is a stroke of genius in marketing a well established amp board, that has measured very well and also at a very reasonable price considering the high Watts output power available, as far as I know it's a first to have the bridged mono option available to the non DIY consumers.
I for one am very tempted to buy two, I've done the sums and I can't see anything that comes close as an overall package.

Cheers.

I've done a pretty thorough search for alternatives, I did see the Ghent Audio pre-built DIY models, there's also the same amplifier in a single case GA-S500P, but take their price into account and then compare to the cost of two A8's, it becomes a no brainer as they say.
I did look into their DIY cases, add that cost then add 2 ICEpower 125ASX2 boards, then 2 small RTX Bridging modules, plus chasing up the correct way to wire up the bridged boards with confidence, because there is no kit available, even the single stereo Ghent kit which is very easy to build, ends up costing about the same as a single A8, after doing the DIY maths, it's not worth the hassle.

mario_rouge

Hi Mario,
After you have spent some time with your new amplifiers, could you Please let us know about your impressions, such as build quality, noise at max volume with the signal paused, the "tactile" feel of the volume pots (also any noise as you turn up the volume) and feel of the switches,
Plus the overall sound - such as dynamics and bass control, especially considering the amount of power that is available, the overall musical presentation and tonality, especially on vocals, obviously when comparing to any other amplifiers you may have.
I understand to a certain degree these sound impressions are dependent on the overall systems synergy, so it is subjective at certain points, but for most of us that is all we have, given we aren't electrical engineers with an audio analyzer at hand.
Cheers.
I'm still waiting for them... Hifiexpress @peterwen told me that the shipping time is 10-14 days. I bought them December 27th.

daniboun

Major Contributor
Hi Peter Wen,

Cheers.

The Bridge mode is only available when using the balanced inputs (XLR).
RCA = only for SE mode.

Maybe is a stack ICEpower 125ASX2 modules, size : 160x80x32.6 and the A8 is 200X59x208

Some measurements in BTL mode of the ICEpower125ASX2 module (source : Icepower)

clavier russe virtuel

Let s see if the Sabaj implementation is now better )

Last edited:
Top Bottom