• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

RME announces app control for RME Adi-2 series

MC_RME

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Technical Expert
Audio Company
Nice to see you all connected now ;)

One note: the MIDI port is Class Compliant, that's why it works without driver on the Mac. Audio also works without driver under Windows, but MIDI port access failed for us. Support for that might be incomplete within Windows 10/11. So for using the remote under Windows the latest driver is a must.

DancingShaman

This is quite a neat piece of SW, now I can gladly hide the hardware to make up more space on my desk, avoid the cable clutter, not good for the OCD! Next, I'm looking for a fine gentlemen who will create various presets so that lazy a$$ people like me can simply load and play around with them. :)

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
This is quite a neat piece of SW, now I can gladly hide the hardware to make up more space on my desk, avoid the cable clutter, not good for the OCD! Next, I'm looking for a fine gentlemen who will create various presets so that lazy a$$ people like me can simply load and play around with them. :)
Headphone presets?

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Exactly mate! I know it's super easy to set it up manually, albeit I was wondering if there is any source which we can leverage..
I think @MC_RME uploaded some see bottom of post 1. Don't know how you'd import them or what hp they are (EDIT its got HD800S, HD650 and LCD X, Heddphone plus quite a few non HP related profiles)

Alternatively oratory1990 has done loads of eq profiles some of which have 5 band rme versions. Or you could use the first 5 filters from any of the auto eq presets.

You could also use tools like the squiglink tool to easily make your own 7 band EQ profiles for pretty much any headphone or IEM. DOnt forget if you tie the Bass/ Treble filters to an EQ profile they can only be low and high shelf filters.

Last edited:

FINFET

Forum Donor
That's something I like about RME. I can totally imagine some other manufacturers making this only available to their newer products so people have to buy them to get the benifits. Can't wait to get the ADI-2 Pro version of it.

Mulder

Forum Donor
I have installed the remote on windows 11. Nonproblems at all. I think this brings a lot of value to the ADI-2. There is just no other DAC I know of with this functionality. The new app makes it so much easier to make use of it.

nuht

I little off-topic, does the EQ work only for headphones, or for XLR/RCA also?

DJBonoBobo

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I little off-topic, does the EQ work only for headphones, or for XLR/RCA also?
You can set a different EQ for each output (Line, Phones, IEM), which makes a lot of sense.

MC_RME

Technical Expert
Audio Company

Antagron

This is exactly what we needed! I'm a bit bummed over the need for the driver in windows. I really want to have the dac switch sample rates depending on the track over USB but it seems that the driver locks it to a single value. Is this always the way it must be? If so what is the recommended single sample rate I should pick?

MC_RME

Technical Expert
Audio Company
This is exactly what we needed! I'm a bit bummed over the need for the driver in windows. I really want to have the dac switch sample rates depending on the track over USB but it seems that the driver locks it to a single value. Is this always the way it must be? If so what is the recommended single sample rate I should pick?

Fortunately I have good news: thanks to @DrCWO we discovered an error in our CC MIDI code. With a new firmware, most probably released next week, you will be able to use the MIDI port also with Windows in Class Compliant mode - means using the ADI-2 Remote without driver installed.

Edit 16 Oct 2023: new firmwares released.

Last edited:

Aerith Gainsborough

I really want to have the dac switch sample rates depending on the track over USB
Uuuh... use ASIO?
Mine switches immediately.

nagster

Fortunately I have good news: thanks to @DrCWO we discovered an error in our CC MIDI code. With a new firmware, most probably released next week, you will be able to use the MIDI port also with Windows in Class Compliant mode - means using the ADI-2 Remote without driver installed.
It's so great. thank you.
I use CC environment on most PCs unless DIGICheck or ASIO is the top priority. I had halfway given up on Remote app.

This is a request for the future.
It may be impossible, but I would like to use DIGICheck in a CC environment. Please consider it if you like. Thanks in advance. Both the CC environment and DIGICheck are very useful.

ahofer

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Reading thru quickly - are mac users out in the cold here?

Count Arthur

Major Contributor
Reading thru quickly - are mac users out in the cold here?
You must read very quickly:

1697199944661.png

It was available on Mac before Windows. :p

ahofer

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

Antagron

Edit 16 Oct 2023: new firmwares released.
Wonderful news!

However, I have downloaded the new firmware (81) and I still seem to be stuck. I will readily admit I'm very new to the RME, having only had it one week at this point.
Here's what I did:
  1. Downloaded fut_madiface_win file with updates for: ADI-2 DAC: FPGA 81, DSP 59 (10/14/2023: Update ADI-2 series FPGA: improved compatibility of the CC MIDI port.)
  2. Updated firmware successfully using fut.exe
  3. Restarted RME
  4. Uninstalled madiface driver
  5. Rebooted Windows 11
  6. Began playing music in Foobar 2000 (v2.1 beta). Sample rate does not change on the unit, it's locked at INT 96.0, which was the setting in the driver prior to uninstall. Using the [exclusive] mode in Foobar works if I play a 96k file but not a 44.1. Playing in non-exclusive mode allows playback of any file.
This is exactly the same behavior I had seen before. What am I doing wrong? All I want is (1) the same rate on the unit changes with the source file being played and (2) Exclusive mode works for any file.

Last edited:

MC_RME

Technical Expert
Audio Company
This firmware update includes zero change on whatever sample rate related. Is the driver really gone? Check Device Manager. Check Windows Sound panel that it presents all sample rates to select.

Top Bottom