• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

RME announces app control for RME Adi-2 series

MarkHH

RME‘s Matthias Carstens made an announcement yesterday that might be of interest for all RME Adi-2 DAC owners here at ASR:

ADI-2 Series Remote – Public Pre-Release of macOS app

Tbh I do not understand how the macOS app (or the iPad app that is about to be released later on) will connect with the RME as there is neither WLAN nor Bluetooth connectivity built into the ADI-2 DACs (some MIDI interfacing is mentioned) - but the first screens look promising, more examples are shown at RME‘s support forum.

And may be a forum member here has an idea how to connect a Mac or an iPad with the RME dac, I just don‘t get it ;)
IMG_4022.png

Last edited:

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
RME‘s Matthias Carstens made an announcement yesterday that might be of interest for all RME Adi-2 DAC owners here at ASR:

ADI-2 Series Remote – Public Pre-Release of macOS app

Tbh I do not understand how the macOS app (or the iPad app that is about to be released later on) will connect with the RME as there is neither WLAN nor Bluetooth connectivity built into the ADI-2 DACs (some MIDI interfacing is mentioned) - but the first screens look promising, more examples are shown at RME‘s support forum.

And may be a forum member here has an idea how to connect a Mac or an iPad with the RME dac, I just don‘t get it ;)
View attachment 294644
Connects over usb...

Looks exciting. Covered already in the rme adi 2 dac review thread though.

ahofer

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
This has the potential to be so much nicer than fiddling with the menus and little knobs on the device itself.
Yes. The ADI's panel reminds me of the control pad on a BMW I had in the late 1990s which was, in turn, like a credit card calculator.

E34 version (close to full scale here):

inv_001109__25598.1523273618.jpg

Last edited:

DancingShaman

It would be great if we could load EQ presets, would make it even more efficient. In any case, this is a very nice feature indeed.

amper42

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
It would be great if we could load EQ presets, would make it even more efficient. In any case, this is a very nice feature indeed.
The ADI-2 remote loads, can customize and save EQ presets. That's one of its main functions. An EQ tab is found at the top of the main screen. Click it to show the EQ window. I can switch EQ settings with the push of a button. Eighteen EQ presets are provided. You can customize your own, save them and load new ones at anytime. It's a fabulous piece of software. I use mine on the MacBook Pro and then use screen sharing to control that Mac remotely via wifi. It's a fantastic update.

DancingShaman

The ADI-2 remote loads, can customize and save EQ presets. That's one of its main functions. An EQ tab is found at the top of the main screen. Click it to show the EQ window. I can switch EQ settings with the push of a button. Eighteen EQ presets are provided. You can customize your own, save them and load new ones at anytime. It's a fabulous piece of software. I use mine on the MacBook Pro and then use screen sharing to control that Mac remotely via wifi. It's a fantastic update.
There are 20 EQ presets.
The software looks great and addresses my only issue with the unit; the pushbutton interface is extremely difficult to operate.
I meant the ability to upload presets into the software, I just couldn't see that in the interface, may be its under the presets tab.. It's just a nice to have feature really, the app looks pretty decent just as-is.

MAB

Major Contributor
I meant the ability to upload presets into the software, I just couldn't see that in the interface, may be its under the presets tab.. It's just a nice to have feature really, the app looks pretty decent just as-is.
Ah, I see!
Yes, that would be great too.

unpluggged

I meant the ability to upload presets into the software
Yes, it is present. BTW, version for Windows has been released today (still only ADI-2 DAC support, but you can explore it and edit/save/load EQ presets and import/edit/export device setups without actually connecting the device).

thegeton

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
The Windows pre-release version can now be found here.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
The Windows pre-release version can now be found here.
Managed to get it working? I've updated the firmware (80/55) and enabled Midi control on the device but the Remote app doesnt detect- just says "disconnected" even if I am actually using the DAC.

EDIT- you need to update the MAdiface USB drivers on the PC.

Last edited:

MAB

Major Contributor
Managed to get it working? I've updated the firmware (80/55) and enabled Midi control on the device but the Remote app doesnt detect- just says "disconnected" even if I am actually using the DAC.
I have the same problem. I used my workstation to successfully updated the firmware, installed the software, but can't get the software to connect to the device. I installed the software on a laptop and was able to get that to connect to the ADI-2, but it is inconsistent. Darn...

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I have the same problem. I used my workstation to successfully updated the firmware, installed the software, but can't get the software to connect to the device. I installed the software on a laptop and was able to get that to connect to the ADI-2, but it is inconsistent. Darn...
Just out of interest- does your laptop have the Madiface USB driver software installed (where you can select sample rate etc?). If not, does your workstation? Just wondering if there is some kind of conflict but only have the one Windows machine.

MAB

Major Contributor
Just out of interest- does your laptop have the Madiface USB driver software installed (where you can select sample rate etc?). If not, does your workstation? Just wondering if there is some kind of conflict but only have the one Windows machine.
Laptop does not have the driver or any other RME software. The Workstation does have it installed.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Laptop does not have the driver or any other RME software. The Workstation does have it installed.
That is my job after dinner then...

thegeton

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor

I did get it working. I too updated the firmware first and then installed the app. As someone above pointed out, you do need to have the Madiface USB driver software installed.

Phorize

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Isn’t the madiface driver a dependency for the remote software? The firmware flashing software certainly needs it to communicate with the device.

Phorize

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Ah, posts crossed.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I did get it working. I too updated the firmware first and then installed the app. As someone above pointed out, you do need to have the Madiface USB driver software installed.
I have it installed yet cant get the Remote software to connect. I read @MAB posts as they can get the Remote software to connect on the device that DOESNT have the madiface driver thing installed but not on the one that does.

Top Bottom